Lonelystreet's 'What made you smile today? :)' Thread, Part 2

I pushed a normal down the stairs today. Not a big flight, but enough. You know they tumble, roll, yell, and cry just like us not normals. Yes I know that was awfully bad and rude of me but I was curious. I must say I did chuckle just a bit too much. I'm almost ashamed of myself, almost. But I do feel much better today. roflmao...

I was watching an old Naked and Afraid.  It's the one where the gal and a long haired guy take down a big nest of fledgling "storks" I think.  The lady knocked the nest down and dispatched two or three of the pigeon weight birds, and her partner had to smash a couple.  Neither liked to do it, but both were very hungry as the Naked and Afraid often are. 

They interviewed her back home at episode's end.  "Now," she smiled, "when the kids tell me they're hungry, I just tell them to go k ill something and eat it." 

Edited by Bulgakov

I'm impressed the neighbors might be even more paranoid than I am.  While they are away on vacation they have their kids stop by every day just to move their cars to different parking spots to make it look like they are still here.

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm impressed the neighbors might be even more paranoid than I am.  While they are away on vacation they have their kids stop by every day just to move their cars to different parking spots to make it look like they are still here.

!?!  I promise I am not questioning your honesty, but are you sure?   I park in the same spot pretty much all the time and never think twice about it.  Having their cars moved every day seems quite paranoid.  

Heck, just plug a lamp in your living room into a timer and be done with it.   🙄

7 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

!?!  I promise I am not questioning your honesty, but are you sure?   I park in the same spot pretty much all the time and never think twice about it.  Having their cars moved every day seems quite paranoid.  

Heck, just plug a lamp in your living room into a timer and be done with it.   🙄

Well the truth is I was wrong about the situation completely.  They traded their motorhome to one of their kids for a truck so I was wrong.  I thought they were gone but I saw them this morning.  Truthfully it's a good thing.  It means I'm not endlessly watching them paranoid anymore.  

2 hours ago, jkd_sd said:

Ah, @sober4life, one of those situations that walked like a duck, quacked like a duck, and was a ... puppy!   🤣

Well this is just another scenario my mind made up.  I never talked to them.  How would I know what really happened to the motorhome?  Maybe Yogi Bear took it to Jellystone.

18 minutes ago, watalife said:

According to chad daybell, husband of Murd3r mom, the world will end July 22 😁🔥💥💨🔥💥💨 🤔

Hmmmm.....  I have a doctors appointment on July 23rd.  Suppose I should cancel it?   🙄

46 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I probably would.  I would even use the end of the world excuse.

Thanks!  That not only made me smile.  It made me laugh out loud.  Just picturing the clinic staff member hearing that excuse!  They would probably send the 'butterfly wagon' for me.  :roll2:

I went out for coffee to a place I frequent in my neighborhood run by a friendly woman. She's been there 14 years. 

Anyway, I'm very late because meetings and the shop is already shut. I linger for a moment considering my options when the woman suddenly appears, opens the shop and waves me inside. Says she'll pour me cup, no problem.

I smiled and told her she's very kind to do this as a favor. I also said how I appreciate her coming to work each morning in spite of health risks. She replied that she likes chatting with me, I'm a good customer, a friend and a good human being so it's no trouble helping me.

Then I did that stammering thing I do when I get compliments. 😅

For a few hours today I felt pretty good about people. 

Watching the young cows grow up makes me smile.   I wonder what happens to cows as they get older.  If you watch the young ones they just act normal.  The older ones all do that chewing thing all day.  Most people would say they are just eating all day but that's not true.  They spend most of the day under a shade tree not moving just chewing on nothing.:unsure:

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hearing about the most recent evil doings of narc mom and feeling at peace because I'm mastering the art of keeping my distance without feeling guilty 😊

I would love to know how not to feel guilty about it.