20YearsandCounting

Lonelystreet's 'What made you smile today? :)' Thread, Part 2

Yeah at this point I would get on any alien ship that landed in the yard.  I don't care what's inside the ship and I don't care where we're going as long as it's not here.  Even if I was killed when I got on the ship it would be better than this.

11 hours ago, Tymothi said:

A turtle hiding in the ivy next to me! 🐢

Turtles are very rare around here.  It's one of those animals I almost forget they exist.  I'm an active person but go many years without seeing them.

It didn't make me smile, but during my walk today I had the intense impulse to hook a quick right and stop by the gas station for wine. You see, I've been out of alcohol for two days, and on that thought I did actually start toward the gas station.

But then I turned around and avoided spending what little money I have left. I threw my hands up and groaned into the evening neighborhood and said something vile as I attempted to do the right thing, so technically I didn't smile, but my soul probably did somewhere.

I was pleased with my box room after I moved the furniture around. I'm loving the minimal feel in there. It's very pared back and simple. I'm getting so minimal these days guys that I don't even have a cover on my duvet 😆 I also only have one lamp, one plant and one photograph in there 🌱

For reasons known only to the universe I prefer sleeping in my tiny box room and single bed over my larger, more comfortable room with double bed and twinkly lights everywhere. I don't even get much sleep in my box room because it's such a tight squeeze with mini lion in the single but I keep returning there, night after night 🤷‍♀️ 

Mini Lion is in full agreement. She favours box room and spends most of her time in there 😄🐱

I heard a commercial for an oil change place.  Done in under an hour or it's free.  I don't even know how to change oil but if I watched a youtube video about it I could do it the first time in under an hour.  I could even include the time it took to watch the video.🙄

The following still-revolutionary thought: "I just realized I'm a grown-up. I can eat garbage and watch YouTube all night and sleep on the couch, if I want. 😜 "

Walking in the heat and the garage attendant who said he felt like the heating was on when they had air conditioning and it was the coolest place in town 😂

Brits is not used to 33 degrees 🔥🔥🔥

On 6/24/2020 at 6:33 AM, Nightjar said:

I was pleased with my box room after I moved the furniture around. I'm loving the minimal feel in there. It's very pared back and simple. I'm getting so minimal these days guys that I don't even have a cover on my duvet 😆 I also only have one lamp, one plant and one photograph in there 🌱

For reasons known only to the universe I prefer sleeping in my tiny box room and single bed over my larger, more comfortable room with double bed and twinkly lights everywhere. I don't even get much sleep in my box room because it's such a tight squeeze with mini lion in the single but I keep returning there, night after night 🤷‍♀️ 

Mini Lion is in full agreement. She favours box room and spends most of her time in there 😄🐱

I sleep in the smallest room in my house but it's the only time I can stand to be in there.  It's where I feel the safest and most secure to sleep but the second I wake up I have to get out of there and don't go back in until it's time to sleep again.