20YearsandCounting

Lonelystreet's 'What made you smile today? :)' Thread, Part 2

There's been a wasp living in my bedroom window for a week now.  Also a rabbit is living under the porch.  There always seems to be some animal living under there.

Posted (edited)

Visiting a national trust property with friends, it had huge grounds so their little uns got to wave sticks and run about and we got to talk 😊

I was also able to secretly indulge my lord of the manor fantasy and pretend I lived there for a bit 😆

Edited by hocico

Our neighbour coming round to tell me he had spotted a missing piece of weatherboarding on the house, it's nice to have good neighbours. 

Going out for a walk in the sun.

I was on Chewy's pet supply website checking on my order status and saw that there is a catnip product called: "Meowijuana King Catnibas J's". 😄 Their slogan is: "For Cats Who Need the Weed" 😸   They're actually "joints" filled with catnip that you break open to give your cat haha  

Posted (edited)

I saw very small calves today.  I've never seen cows that small before.  They must have been born in the last few days.

Edited by sober4life

On 3/28/2020 at 11:39 PM, sober4life said:

I saw very small calves today.  I've never seen cows that small before.  They must have been born in the last few days.

Aww 😃

Going for a walk and watching the animals and nature carrying on without a care 😊

Posted (edited)

Animal Planet is showing a Puppy Bowl marathon 😄  Right now it's the Pup-triots vs. the B-eagles from Puppy Bowl XIV (2018).  Pretty funny stuff.  

Oh and also the Kitty Halftime Show is pretty funny 😄  

Edited by AloneGuy

On 3/29/2020 at 9:25 AM, sober4life said:

The crazy robin that smashes into windows all day is back.🙄

If you haven't had the birds crashing into house or car windows over and over and crapping all over the place thing they do it this time of year because they are so desperate for other birds this time of year they will even go after their own reflection in the glass.  They're just as lonely as I am.

31 minutes ago, watalife said:

@sober4life sometimes I see alot of birds and then none? And the squirrels,  sometimes I don't see them all day ☹ I think they like to stay cool in the hot temps

Birds like to come out more after rain I think because it brings out the worms.  Squirrels do a lot of hiding.  They come out if they're looking for food but other than that they like to stay in trees or sometimes they have holes in the yard.  I rarely see my "pet" rabbit.  He likes to hide and come out in the evenings right before dark.

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2020 at 7:25 AM, sober4life said:

The crazy robin that smashes into windows all day is back.🙄

It's that window-smashing time for lots of male birds.  I had a house with a covered patio, and different varieties hurled themselves at the sliding glass patio doors.  I was hanging up a hummingbird feeder, and the instructions said to put it maybe ten feet from a large glass door or window.  Placed too close, and frisky males in spring will see their reflection, take their image to be a competing male in its space, and bang headlong into a window.  If it's the same bird all the time, you might encourage it to seek professional help.

Bulga

Edited by Bulgakov

It made me smile that people who haven't called in years are calling me now because they are in isolation due to this coronavirus.  It's nice to hear from them again. 

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

It's that window-smashing time for lots of male birds.  I had a house with a covered patio, and different varieties hurled themselves at the sliding glass patio doors.  I was hanging up a hummingbird feeder, and the instructions said to put it maybe ten feet from a large glass door or window.  Placed too close, and frisky males in spring will see their reflection, take their image to be a competing male in its space, and bang headlong into a window.  If it's the same bird all the time, you might encourage it to seek professional help.

Bulga

This bird does come here every year and it has it's nest in the same place every year.  He's very aggressive.  There's not a bird feeder where he's doing this.  He's protecting the eggs in the nest I think.  He's always very protective.  His nest is right above the door and he'll dive at you when you come out the door.

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

This bird does come here every year and it has it's nest in the same place every year.  He's very aggressive.  There's not a bird feeder where he's doing this.  He's protecting the eggs in the nest I think.  He's always very protective.  His nest is right above the door and he'll dive at you when you come out the door.

It's so lovely that you're surrounded by nature. It can really take the sting out of isolation. And I would know. I was raised by cats! 🐈

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

It's so lovely that you're surrounded by nature. It can really take the sting out of isolation. And I would know. I was raised by cats! 🐈

There's definately eggs in the nest.  I can't see them but when I open the door the bird is doing the trying to get away but trying to come back thing at the same time.  It's not a robin.  It's a finch of some kind.  I won't touch the nest because if the bird smells me it might abandon the nest but there's eggs there I'm sure of it.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

There's definately eggs in the nest.  I can't see them but when I open the door the bird is doing the trying to get away but trying to come back thing at the same time.  It's not a robin.  It's a finch of some kind.  I won't touch the nest because if the bird smells me it might abandon the nest but there's eggs there I'm sure of it.

He hit full tilt into the big window here and now he hurt himself and can't fly.🤕