20YearsandCounting

Lonelystreet's 'What made you smile today? :)' Thread, Part 2

In lip reading class we require reading material for us to practice, so we learned about how they make paper from elephant poop in Thailand. 

My husband liked the socks I got him. They say "I ❤️" on one foot and "MY WIFE" on the other. 😄

My roses have opened up a lot more today. They're so pretty. 

I woke up with cramps but I took one of my husband's pain pills and they were gone in ten minutes. 

8 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

The sound of geese flying over my house today make me smile. 

Yes I saw a bunch of geese at the lake today too.  They fly over my property a lot too from one lake to the other lake.

When I was cutting down trees today I saw that easter lillies were starting to grow.  That's one of the first signs of spring so soon I'll be happy to see the spring birds and soon I'll be complaining about having to mow the grass.

I'll have to go with clean kitchen. The bathroom and carpets will be sparkling shortly too so I can smile a bit more when they're done. Hope my ocd shuts the f*ck up when I'm trying to hoover today 😤

Getting tickets to a show in May. Catching up on one of our fav shows, Prodigal Son. My husband even made dinner: chicken loaf, and it wasn't half bad. 

Proprietor of a cafe I frequent handed me a day-old pastry for free. Or maybe it was 2 days old. Maybe it even fell on the floor or something, whatever! Celebrate life's small rewards, right?  \o/

Was it tasty? I wouldn't know because I only now remembered that it is in my backpack where it's been since 7:30am. 😒

Listening to my 18 year old and my 11 year old playing Lego Lord of the Rings together. They fight with each other quite a bit, so these moments when they connect on a common interest are precious.

Today when I was on my walk I got to see hundreds of animals.  The cat hiding in the bushes made me laugh.  He was watching me like a hawk thinking he was hidden and I could see pretty much all of him.