ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

On 4/24/2022 at 8:40 PM, Nightjar said:

I've been watching the Johnny Depp defamation case 🤔 I find it oddly relaxing 🤔 It's looking really good for Johnny by all accounts and exposing Amber Heard as a raging narcissist. I really hope it works out for him 🤞

Yeah he had to put up with an awful lot in the time that he was with her.

Edited by hocico

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching some of the trial.  I've known people like her my whole life.  I just talked to one just like her my neighbor on my walk.  They are always causing drama for everyone else and making up the most absurd stories!

The Professor

The young doctor Ivan Fogle becomes the assistant of professor Voskresensky, a mysterious genius who prefers an enclosed lifestyle. The professor doesn't need an assistant, but as the University’s Board of Trustees insists, he is forced to hire Fogle. In addition to medical practice, the professor helps the police to investigate suspicious cases.

There seem to be lots of these police dramas set in the 19th century and based in different countries around in recent years 😄

Posted (edited)

Another night of insomnia <sigh>

So far I've watched:

Office Space (1999) - 6 out of 10 - One of those Meh 90's comedies that some people elevate to cult classic status. At least I know where all those Internet Memes come from now.

Life Stinks (1991) - 5 out of 10 - Probably Mel Brook's worst movie EVAR

Bloodsport (1988) - 7 out of 10 - Based on a true story. Van Damme's breakthrough role.

Edited by Frankensense

19 hours ago, Frankensense said:

Another night of insomnia <sigh>

So far I've watched:

Office Space (1999) - 6 out of 10 - One of those Meh 90's comedies that some people elevate to cult classic status. At least I know where all those Internet Memes come from now.

Life Stinks (1991) - 5 out of 10 - Probably Mel Brook's worst movie EVAR

Bloodsport (1988) - 7 out of 10 - Based on a true story. Van Damme's breakthrough role.

blood sport was good, the other 2 meh, not my cup of tea

1 hour ago, surfcaster said:

Nascar all star race festivities, main event later tonight

I used to watch Nascar more.  I still remember Dale Earnhardt's last race.  I watched it.  If I was a race car driver I would have been like him for sure.  Nobody raced harder than he did.

3 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I used to watch Nascar more.  I still remember Dale Earnhardt's last race.  I watched it.  If I was a race car driver I would have been like him for sure.  Nobody raced harder than he did.

I was a die hard earndhart sr fan, traveled to Charlotte motor speedway for the coca cola 600 for many years, his death changed the sports safety priorities,  I'm now a kevin harvick fan

Was never an Earnhardt fan...didn't like him, but respected his accomplishments. Always preferred good ol' #43...

Kyle was such a family disappointment...but honestly, Earnhardt Jr. wasn't much better...

Not everything passes from one generation to the next... 

I quit watching once the unibody and engine specs went into effect...wasn't actual NASCAR anymore.

Edited by Frankensense

1 hour ago, surfcaster said:

I was a die hard earndhart sr fan, traveled to Charlotte motor speedway for the coca cola 600 for many years, his death changed the sports safety priorities,  I'm now a kevin harvick fan

I've been to Charlotte.  I love that track!