ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

On 10/14/2021 at 7:37 PM, sober4life said:

I'm on the last two episodes of the show Maid.  It's an excellent show.  I can't binge the show.  That's how I know a show is really good when it affects me so strongly I have to take breaks from it.  That show should get lots of awards.  Andie Macdowell it doesn't get any better than her performance on that show!

Yes.  I'm taking a break, too.  That show is hard to watch.

Richard Sorge Master Spy - a good docu drama about Comrade Sorge the daring spy in late 1930's Japan. It's the second time I've watched this and even with the dodgy subtitles it's great 😆

Edited by hocico

6 hours ago, hocico said:

Richard Sorge Master Spy - a good docu drama about Comrade Sorge the daring spy in late 1930's Japan. It's the second time I've watched this and even with the dodgy subtitles it's great 😆

Sounds like the kind of movie I would like.  I'll check it out.

2 hours ago, lindahurt said:

Sounds like the kind of movie I would like.  I'll check it out.

It's good it's based on actual history as he did exist and was spying on Japanese and the Germans for the Russians whilst working at the German Embassy, it's not all action though it's got plenty of Romance as he was a bit of a ladies man 😂

It's a ten episode series on youtube by StarMediaEn which are a Russian TV company, they have done quite a few good war dramas on there, there is one about the Night Witches 🙂 and another about this Russian Commissar who manages to single handedly take on the German Army behind their lines (almost like a Russian version of Rambo 🤣)  oh and Detective Anna is quite good as well 😄

Detective Anna episode 1 🙂

Nineteen-year-old Anna, living at the end of the nineteenth century in the town of Zatonsk, unexpectedly discovers that she possesses supernatural powers. The spirits of the dead literally haunt her, begging to help. Aided by her visions, Anna manages to investigate and solve a number of mysterious crimes which have baffled the police. An experienced detective, 37-year-old Yakov Shtolman, who is assigned to the police department and teams up with Anna and becomes her partner in hunting down criminals.

2 minutes ago, hocico said:

It's good it's based on actual history as he did exist and was spying on Japanese and the Germans for the Russians whilst working at the German Embassy, it's not all action though it's got plenty of Romance as he was a bit of a ladies man 😂

It's a ten episode series on youtube by StarMediaEn which are a Russian TV company, they have done quite a few good war dramas on there, there is one about the Night Witches 🙂 and another about this Russian Commissar who manages to single handedly take on the German Army behind their lines (almost like a Russian version of Rambo 🤣)  oh and Detective Anna is quite good as well 😄

Detective Anna episode 1 🙂

Nineteen-year-old Anna, living at the end of the nineteenth century in the town of Zatonsk, unexpectedly discovers that she possesses supernatural powers. The spirits of the dead literally haunt her, begging to help. Aided by her visions, Anna manages to investigate and solve a number of mysterious crimes which have baffled the police. An experienced detective, 37-year-old Yakov Shtolman, who is assigned to the police department and teams up with Anna and becomes her partner in hunting down criminals.

Thanks for sharing.   I plan to watch.   My  kind of movie.