ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm actually watching it right now and I do like it.  I've been feeling very awful today but it's made me laugh and helped me through the evening.  He's like me in a small town I think and then you wonder is the alien really the weirdest one in that town?

Yay! Yeah, it has been nice to watch and take my mind off things too, I haven't had many "laugh out loud" moments the past year but I've done it several times with this show. Harry is relatable, and as the show goes on even the seemingly normal people do "abnormal" things. It seems to be settling down now and I really enjoyed episode 5, even the other characters get better.

Netflix - Blown Away.

Just watched Season 2. These people made some awesome glass pieces. I think I've found my newest favorite pieces of art. Watching Season 1 soon. Doesn't matter what order you watch it in as far as season goes. They are hopefully getting funded to make Season 3 this year sometime.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:55 PM, sober4life said:

I'm watching Knight Rider.  The first episode must have cost I don't know 4 or 5 dollars to make.

As with many great television series 😄

A filmography on yootupe about the life of Tom Bosley 🙂 it's making me want to sit and re-watch the Father Dowling Mysteries again 😂

On 3/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, hocico said:

As with many great television series 😄

Yeah I had to quit watching it for a while.  It didn't feel right without the David Hasselhoff chia pet so I made sure I went and got that this morning.

35 minutes ago, Svenetc said:

watching Cockpit Views A330 -  San Francisco Departure ..... weird - I know but I love it 🙂

I like watching cockpit views too. I have a favorite on YouTube of the last flight of an old C-133 Cargomaster. Big 4-engine turboprop that seems to take only 100 feet to lift off the tarmac.

On 3/26/2021 at 6:16 PM, Kogent5 said:

The show that made me stop watching SyFy for 10 years because I was so angry they cancelled it 😅

It's pretty darned good. I like the original series too.

I'm furious at whoever cancelled Firefly after only one season. That's my favorite sci-fi show ever.

13 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

last flight of an old C-133 Cargomaster

That is funny to find someone who likes to watch that stuff.. (drove my Ex nuts LOL  ) I love to listen to ATC and the Plane/ Engines  .... I watched that C-133 ...amazing ,,,,seems like they do not really rotate at take off ...they just go up and fly ....

19 minutes ago, Svenetc said:

That is funny to find someone who likes to watch that stuff.. (drove my Ex nuts LOL  ) I love to listen to ATC and the Plane/ Engines  .... I watched that C-133 ...amazing ,,,,seems like they do not really rotate at take off ...they just go up and fly ....

Amazing, isn't it. Like lifting off with a long-winged glider. Haha.

They had an alarm sound as they were coming in for the last landing...one of the engines was registering hot or something. Had to get the firetrucks out to the runway when it came down.

I remember hearing these big C-133s droning their way out of Lowry AFB near Denver when I was young. They had a lower pitch than even the C-130.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:05 PM, JD4010 said:

It's pretty darned good. I like the original series too.

I'm furious at whoever cancelled Firefly after only one season. That's my favorite sci-fi show ever.

I hear they're making a 4th SG series but I'm not falling for it 😬

I haven't watched Firefly but I also hear that's getting rebooted on Disney+.

Everything old in sci-fi becomes new again!

On 3/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, JD4010 said:

They had an alarm sound as they were coming in for the last landing...one of the engines was registering hot or something. Had to get the firetrucks out to the runway when it came down.

The last time I heard a plane making alarm sounds and firetrucks and ambulances on the runway... I was on a Boeing 757 going west to east coast. We took off from CA, hadn't hit altitude, 1 engine flames out, then backfires, they tried to restart it a few times and it wouldn't. Sh1t got real in a hurry. Passengers screaming, crying, praying. Since it's a 2 engine we are no longer redundant! Pilot says not a danm thing. We start coasting in a circle. Airport we just left is fogged in now and we can't go back. Starting to sound like a sci-fi yet? Pilot finally comes on. Says stay calm 757 can fly with 1 engine all day and land with no problems. Most passengers are saying sure buddy... I'm sitting near the wing of the engine that is working. It's running at low throttle and we're just cruising along, although listing a little sideways. We get cleared for emergency landing at nearby airport. We can't land yet because they need to clear ALL runways, setup emergency vehicles, and get ready at the catch fence. Lovely!  We see the airport and we're listing as we start coming down so the plane is literally moving the nose left and right. Sounds like a recipe to flip this bad boy when it hits the deck. Sure enough we land fairly straight and smooth but that 1 engine is no wound up to the max trying to slow this thing down. Hard on the brakes almost dragging the tires into lockup. We stop reasonably short of the catch fence. In 20 years of business travel that was the most exciting plane ride ever! No bullsh1t, no one died, plane didn't get so much as a scratch.

Considering I've done way more stupid things in my cars for 40+ years and never got hurt. I wrote this off to sh1t happens. Got on a plane the next morning for home. Oh, it was Christmas Eve. Santa, Miracles of Christmas, Not my day to die, who knows...

Edited by In2deep4me
typos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was watching The Truman Show.  It's good to watch it because I know my life isn't like the movie.  Sure everyone is in on what's going on but on the movie everyone is friendly and tries to get him to stay in town.  In my life everyone is mean and rude and they all want me to leave town the first chance I get.