ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

I started watching the series "Timeless" on DVD. It wasn't the show I was actually looking for but it isn't too bad...I'll keep watching. Now I have to figure out what the show I'm actually looking for is called. It also has something to do with a group of people who go back into history and fix the timeline.

2 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I started watching the series "Timeless" on DVD. It wasn't the show I was actually looking for but it isn't too bad...I'll keep watching. Now I have to figure out what the show I'm actually looking for is called. It also has something to do with a group of people who go back into history and fix the timeline.

It's a good show.  Maybe you're talking about Travelers on Netflix?

12 hours ago, JD4010 said:

El Ministerio Del Tiempo? Spanish made show about a gang of time travelers from different centuries who restore Spain's timeline. 

I'm watching The Expanse. Slowly. Ironically I dislike waiting a week for a new release so I'll watch it in my own time. Totally control issues. 😂

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

It's a good show.  Maybe you're talking about Travelers on Netflix?

Yes! Travelers. That's it. I caught a few minutes of it when I was at my daughter's place. Looked good. I also saw Stranger Things with her. I liked it.

9 hours ago, Lorax said:

Started watching Fargo, the television series, only a few episodes in but liking it so far. 

It's hard to find good shows I like to fill all this downtime with being stuck at home. 

I watched the first season of the TV series. It seemed pretty good for sure. I love the movie. Full of people who talk like me, and plenty of Oldsmobile action too.

6 hours ago, Atra said:

I'm watching The Expanse. Slowly. Ironically I dislike waiting a week for a new release so I'll watch it in my own time. Totally control issues. 😂

I just watched the end of season 3 of The Expanse. I really enjoy that show. Miller! He's great. I just ordered season 4 on DVD.

Star Trek Discovery is good too. I've seen the first two seasons and am waiting for season 3 to come out on DVD. It's far different from previous Star Trek series. Some of the hardcore Trekkies didn't like it, but I definitely enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

The only time I've seen the impeachment trial is by accident.  My opinion is right now all they're doing is pretending to care about the specifics of the stimulus package and doing the trial putting in time until spring.  I'll be surprised if we get another stimulus check by spring or at all.

Just now, sober4life said:

The only time I've seen the impeachment trial is by accident.  My opinion is right now all they're doing is pretending to care about the specifics of the stimulus package and doing the trial putting in time until spring.  I'll be surprised if we get another stimulus check by spring or at all.

Me too.  I watch only clips from other news.  Most news is politico/media theater now.  The "littleness" of the thinking gets to me.  I listen to news besides the impeachment, but a lot of the analysis done by talking heads amounts to a re-summary of already tired news, an attack on the opposition, and a hurrah for their team or cause.  It's one sided, so can never be analysis. 

Bulgakov

On 2/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, sober4life said:

Yellowstone

It's a good show so far.  Maybe a modern day Dallas.

I'm still watching this show.  It's so good you have to take breaks from it.  It's one of those shows that if you watch the whole thing in a weekend you might not get any sleep.  Very very good.

37 minutes ago, Kogent5 said:

Resident Alien.

Alan Tudyk is great and I love the alien-masquerading-as-human trope, but everything else is meh. Plus it's on SyFy so they'll probably cancel it 😬

That sounds good.  I'm going to start taping the series.  Thanks for letting us know about it.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

That sounds good.  I'm going to start taping the series.  Thanks for letting us know about it.

For sure check it out! I know I sound a bit down on it, but the parts that I like I really like and I've watched the first few episodes a few times already.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:49 PM, Kogent5 said:

For sure check it out! I know I sound a bit down on it, but the parts that I like I really like and I've watched the first few episodes a few times already.

I'm actually watching it right now and I do like it.  I've been feeling very awful today but it's made me laugh and helped me through the evening.  He's like me in a small town I think and then you wonder is the alien really the weirdest one in that town?