Jump to content

ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3


Recommended Posts

On 8/27/2019 at 8:11 PM, Epictetus said:

I wonder if anyone has ever passed away by watching reruns of Law and Order.  I took a train to Chicago. Upon entering the hotel room I turned on the TV.  Guess what?  A rerun of Law and Order.  Its like the show followed me to Chicago.  On the trip back I go to the Lounge car.  Some guy is streaming . . . you guessed it . . . a rerun of Law and Order.  What's happening?  Have I entered some kind of weird alternate universe?

Short answer, yes, you probably have.  Some of these variant universes show so little difference as to be almost undetectable.  In one, the only change is my shoe size, from an 8 1/2 mens to a 9.  First things I check when I wake up are my shoes.  Then, I turn on the TV to see if I'm in the "Law and Order" universe--sometimes, like with you, it seems to be on in every universe, ugh.  And I've already seen every episode.  

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2019 at 8:22 AM, sober4life said:

Christmas Snow was the best character on the show by far.  Once Suzanne Somers left the show should have been over.  They tried to bring in other characters to fit her role but none of them were good at all.

Terri was my favorite of the blondes, and my favorite Threes Company character period [the others being Mr. Furley and Larry]. Most fans don't seem to like her. I like Cindy too, even if she could be a bit grating at times. Jennilee Harrisson had practically no acting experience when she was cast, and I think it's far harder to do this kind of comedy than anyone would expect. Suzanne Somers was brilliant in her role, and the writers credited her as truly creating the Chrissy character. 

Season 4 was also the year Lana appeared. I think Ann Wedgeworth was smashing. I think she would have made a great reoccurring guest star. It's a shame the writers didn't consider that. She didn't quite work as a regular, as the writers soon discovered. They gave her nothing to do but chase around Jack. 

Edited by SqueezeWax
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SqueezeWax said:

Terri was my favorite of the blondes, and my favorite Threes Company character period [the others being Mr. Furley and Larry]. Most fans don't seem to like her. I like Cindy too, even if she could be a bit grating at times. Jennilee Harrisson had practically no acting experience when she was cast, and I think it's far harder to do this kind of comedy than anyone would expect. Suzanne Somers was brilliant in her role, and the writers credited her as truly creating the Chrissy character. 

Season 4 was also the year Lana appeared. I think Ann Wedgeworth was smashing. I think she would have made a great reoccurring guest star. It's a shame the writers didn't consider that. She didn't quite work as a regular, as the writers soon discovered. They gave her nothing to do but chase around Jack. 

Chrissy was my favorite character.  Personally I never liked Jack's character much.  I liked Janet and Chrissy both better than him.  Mr Furley was great.  The show would have been better if he was the landlord the whole time.  The Ropers were duds and the spinoff The Ropers was even worse.  What were they thinking?  You will sure never see that show on tv again.  Jenilee Harrison was much better on Dallas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Evil twins - Darlene and Charlene came up with a cunning way of defrauding the DOD and by proxy the American taxpayer by millions of dollars. As contractors supplying the DOD they realised that they could change the amount of postage for the shipping the goods to the DOD to ludicrously large amounts of money and there was no oversight going on at the other end so the invoices got paid and they were getting $500000 for shipping a 19 cent bolt to the military.

$21 million dollars later and their crimes finally caught up with them..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Columbo - M***** by the book

At the end of the episode when Columbo is at the road side with the suspect aka Captain Kirk after his car has broken down and he confronts him with the evidence he has that he is the ******er, Kirk goes round to the boot of his car and starts to unzip a gun shaped bag..

"WATCH OUT COLUMBO HE IS SETTING PHASERS TO ****" I shout at the television

:laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suzanne Somers singing a broadway tune called Take Back Your Mink, interspersed with a dramatic monologue about a violent incident involving her alcoholic father and a tennis racket when she was a little girl. It has to be seen to be believed. I can't fathom what she was thinking. I've watched it five times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SqueezeWax said:

interspersed with a dramatic monologue about a violent incident involving her alcoholic father and a tennis racket when she was a little girl

Hi Squeeze, thanks for this.  I just watched and couldn't hear any of the background monologue you speak of.  I don't know if it's my ears, my speaker, or the version I was listening to. 

Bulgakov the partially Deaf

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

Hi Squeeze, thanks for this.  I just watched and couldn't hear any of the background monologue you speak of.  I don't know if it's my ears, my speaker, or the version I was listening to. 

Bulgakov the partially Deaf

 

Is this the video you watched?

 

+if you are disturbed by the mention of blood, you might not want to watch+

Edited by SqueezeWax
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finished "Travelers" yesterday. Time travel stories really annoy me when they undo the whole plot progression by going back in time to change history. Everybody knows you can't change history.

In my humble opinion, "Twelve Monkeys" (film) is a great story with a convincing time travel plot. Terry Gilliam is a genius.

Following this thread and hope to pick up some tips on what to watch next.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Resistor said:

I finished "Travelers" yesterday. Time travel stories really annoy me when they undo the whole plot progression by going back in time to change history. Everybody knows you can't change history.

In my humble opinion, "Twelve Monkeys" (film) is a great story with a convincing time travel plot. Terry Gilliam is a genius.

Following this thread and hope to pick up some tips on what to watch next.

 

Time travel stuff gets really annoying as they usually seem to screw things up.

I have been watching TNG and TWD as I think they are funny. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, evalynn said:

I have the news on for a moment and there's a story about the warning against kissing your chickens. Apparently a lot of people have contracted salmonella from kissing them! 

Who admits to it.  I would say I guess I forgot to wash my hands one day but these people when asked choose to say I kissed chickens!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2019 at 3:51 PM, SqueezeWax said:

Is this the video you watched?

 

+if you are disturbed by the mention of blood, you might not want to watch+

No, the one I watched was a USO performance of the same song by Suzanne, without the added story line and monologue.  What I see is an interesting example of what''s been called "method" or "character" acting.  Like Brando, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Christian Bale, Suzanne is reaching into her own past to inform her role.  Method acting became popular among artists at the end of WWII, early Fifties, when it was used by an acting teacher named "Stanislavski."  She seems to be dredging up painful memories of her own child hood, to show us the bones of her interpretation of the song I guess?  I don't know, but I think it's what she's showing us. 

Bulgakov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...