ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not into sports much anymore really but I have the playoff game with the Sleelers and Browns on which is something people around here would want more than anything.  I've never seen a more pathetic playoff game in any sport in my entire life.:confusedread:  

On 1/6/2021 at 11:37 AM, sober4life said:

I'm watching the news.  This never ends does it?  This is such a scary world at this point.

Agreed, very scary and I'm reading a lot more news now than I think is healthy for me at this point. I'll share with you all a perspective that offers me some meager comfort/a wry smile: I wonder if I'm less mentally ill in comparison to all those who behave like they done lost their minds.

Put another way, I'm effed up but at least I know that I am, and that almost makes me sane here in 2021. Incredible. 

7 hours ago, Atra said:

Agreed, very scary and I'm reading a lot more news now than I think is healthy for me at this point. I'll share with you all a perspective that offers me some meager comfort/a wry smile: I wonder if I'm less mentally ill in comparison to all those who behave like they done lost their minds.

Put another way, I'm effed up but at least I know that I am, and that almost makes me sane here in 2021. Incredible. 

I had a "news" relapse.  That's what I'm calling it and it's what I should call it.  I'm not worried anymore at all like I was.  Why because the only thing keeping me worried was the news.  Are times bad yes but not even close to as bad as they constantly want us to think they are.

Just started watching "Baby Driver" but I've watched it in the last 6 months, so I'll wait to watch again.  But, if you've never seen it, Baby Driver is a classic of some sort.  It's a basic bank heist/love story, but it has a ton of style.  The cinematography, direction, characters, music, all richly colored.  Excellent fun.

Bulgakov

On 1/10/2021 at 9:09 PM, sober4life said:

I'm not into sports much anymore really but I have the playoff game with the Sleelers and Browns on which is something people around here would want more than anything.  I've never seen a more pathetic playoff game in any sport in my entire life.:confusedread:  

First round had a lot of shocking happenings. Even the teams that won, that were odds on favorites, stumbled, and almost blew it. Steelers was the absolute worst game though.

This weekend should get really entertaining. With all the Covid issues with these teams and their lack of practice anything can happen.

US Figure Skating chamionship started yesterday. Good distraction for a few days.

19 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

First round had a lot of shocking happenings. Even the teams that won, that were odds on favorites, stumbled, and almost blew it. Steelers was the absolute worst game though.

This weekend should get really entertaining. With all the Covid issues with these teams and their lack of practice anything can happen.

US Figure Skating chamionship started yesterday. Good distraction for a few days.

The Browns are going to win the Super Bowl this year.  There's no doubt in my mind.  In these times where nothing makes sense anymore this will happen.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

The Browns are going to win the Super Bowl this year.  There's no doubt in my mind.  In these times where nothing makes sense anymore this will happen.

That's a mighty tall order. Considering they're playing the Chiefs. They all look like they should be good games this weekend. I'm a Brady fan and I'm just hoping the Bucs beat the Saints. I don't expect much more out of them. My prediction is the Bills win the superbowl over the Chiefs.

5 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

That's a mighty tall order. Considering they're playing the Chiefs. They all look like they should be good games this weekend. I'm a Brady fan and I'm just hoping the Bucs beat the Saints. I don't expect much more out of them. My prediction is the Bills win the superbowl over the Chiefs.

The Browns have nothing to lose and going by how things have gone the whole time I've lived in this state this is their only chance for a while.  They don't stick with things.  If it doesn't work they will be overreacting firing, rebuilding whatever but this is their shot.  It's like a Rocky story because a lot of the year people were afraid to have Baker Mayfield as quarterback.  Oh no what is he going to do out there but he's gotten better and now they're in the playoffs.  Brady winning or the Chiefs winning is like Lebron and the Lakers winning the championship in basketball.  The world needs the Rocky story right now.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:19 PM, JD4010 said:

Binging my way through The Expanse again.  Dark series with fantastic special effects. 

Yup. And the dialog is quotable, Chrisjen Avasarala delivers such amazing and hillarious profanities. 

On 1/16/2021 at 7:36 PM, sober4life said:

The Browns have nothing to lose and going by how things have gone the whole time I've lived in this state this is their only chance for a while.  They don't stick with things.  If it doesn't work they will be overreacting firing, rebuilding whatever but this is their shot.  It's like a Rocky story because a lot of the year people were afraid to have Baker Mayfield as quarterback.  Oh no what is he going to do out there but he's gotten better and now they're in the playoffs.  Brady winning or the Chiefs winning is like Lebron and the Lakers winning the championship in basketball.  The world needs the Rocky story right now.

What a joke that was.  It should have been a sure thing at the end for them but let's be honest @In2deep4me The two of us could have rounded up any random crowd of sports fans and they would have done better at the end.  Even if they won the game that team was in way over their heads.

On 1/17/2021 at 7:33 AM, Atra said:

Yup. And the dialog is quotable, Chrisjen Avasarala delivers such amazing and hillarious profanities. 

Hahaha. She's great. That whole show is great. When I grow up, maybe I can be like Miller. 🙂

23 hours ago, sober4life said:

What a joke that was.  It should have been a sure thing at the end for them but let's be honest @In2deep4me The two of us could have rounded up any random crowd of sports fans and they would have done better at the end.  Even if they won the game that team was in way over their heads.

That was sad. Mayfield just sat by at the end and watched KC defense stuff him. Then their backup QB helped them get by. Mahomes in concusion protocol for a while...

My boy and the Bucs took out the Saints in the 4th quarter. Made me happy. I'm good now. I don't expect them to win anymore games. I'm thinking the Packers are on to the big dance with the Bills. My gal is a big time Packer and Rodgers fan and I wouldn't mind seeing the Cheeseheads win. I'll never hear the end of it if Brady pulls next weekend out... She is a big time football fan, way more than I ever was. She's the carzy one screaming at the TV during plays...

12 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

That was sad. Mayfield just sat by at the end and watched KC defense stuff him. Then their backup QB helped them get by. Mahomes in concusion protocol for a while...

My boy and the Bucs took out the Saints in the 4th quarter. Made me happy. I'm good now. I don't expect them to win anymore games. I'm thinking the Packers are on to the big dance with the Bills. My gal is a big time Packer and Rodgers fan and I wouldn't mind seeing the Cheeseheads win. I'll never hear the end of it if Brady pulls next weekend out... She is a big time football fan, way more than I ever was. She's the carzy one screaming at the TV during plays...

Now as it stands I'm thinking I'm going to turn 42 in a couple of months so I want to see Tom Brady do it one more time at 43.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched 'The Work'. Bought it on you tube. So sick of watching the same old free stuff. My God, it was good. 

It's a documentary about group therapy in Folsom Prison. But it goes deep. So many of the participants exorcised their demons (but not in a religious way). It was immense. I highly recommend 👍

I don't know where they got their techniques from but it was like a combination of ancient tribal and new age therapy 🤔 Many of the long serving prisoners were released afterwards, never to reoffend and return.

Nightjar review: Five stars

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Edited by Nightjar