ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

1 hour ago, In2deep4me said:

The back wheel of my mountain bike spinning. It's making me dizzy...

Disassembled the deuralliers and cleaned them all up. Now setting up the shifting. It's a bit off and some gears aren't engaging very clean. So I'm staring at the back wheel while I keep adjusting to get all the gear shifts right.

Long overdue for a tuneup.

I need to learn more about bikes.  I have two bikes.  I ride them until a tire goes flat and say well I guess that's the end of that.  I've never tuned up a bike in my life.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I need to learn more about bikes.  I have two bikes.  I ride them until a tire goes flat and say well I guess that's the end of that.  I've never tuned up a bike in my life.

Plenty of instruction and videos out there. My favorite by far for bikes is Art's Cyclery. They have a website with all the info and videos and have them posted on Youtube. Also the ParkTool company has really good instruction on their website and youtube. They'll show you how to setup all aspects of a bike and do repairs. Most common are replace; tires, inner tubes, chains, brake pads and adjust brakes and gear shifting. It's not hard, just a bit time consuming for adjusting. Especially on older bikes with lots of wear and tear. Just google those 2 names and you'll find what you need.

Last night watched "House at the End of the Street" a psycho horror from 2012, and the earliest film I've watched with Jennifer Lawrence.  The story does a lot of borrowing, a little teen romance, but she was the best part of it for me.  She was always good enough, and I saw a few of her mannerisms I recognized from later stuff.

Bulgakov

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Totally Under Control: Trump and Covid 19 😬

Just about to watch it. I think it's a BBC documentary. Its on BBC 2 anyway. 

Let me guess. Is that in the BBCseries, Oxymorons and other Morons ???

In all seriousness. I like a lot of their series. They do some really good documentary stuff.

And anything with David Attenborough narrating just rocks! Animal and planet series he does has some amazing photography and camera work.

On 10/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, Bulgakov said:

Last night watched "House at the End of the Street" a psycho horror from 2012, and the earliest film I've watched with Jennifer Lawrence.

Bulgakov

It's a takeoff, like a lot of them, from the earlier Last House on the Left movie. That was a sick psycho thiller.

6 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Let me guess. Is that in the BBCseries, Oxymorons and other Morons ???

In all seriousness. I like a lot of their series. They do some really good documentary stuff.

And anything with David Attenborough narrating just rocks! Animal and planet series he does has some amazing photography and camera work.

It was a great documentary. Alex Gibney(?) directed it. I'm not sure now if it was a BBC documentary specifically, they just showed it. You can watch it on BBC i player at the moment 😁

I wanted to catch up on the news coz I've been purposefully avoiding most of it. It's better for my mental health 😬

But I still wanna be informed so....

In other news, David Attenborough is a legend isn't he? He cares that one. Thank god for that 👏

Sherlock Holmes and the Scarlet Claw (1944)

Posh Holmes and bumbling Watson are in Canada attending a conference on the occult, when Lord Penrose receives a message that his wife Lady Penrose has been attacked in the small village of La Mort Rouge. Holmes and Watson are about to return to England when Holmes receives a telegram from Lady Penrose, issued before her death, asking for help as she fears for her life. Holmes decides to investigate her death.

Holmes and Watson arrive at the village and discover that the inhabitants are all convinced that the crime is the work of the legendary monster of La Mort Rouge, which roams the marshes around the village. 

A charming and energetic black and white Holmes movie, Basil Rathbone is entertaining as Holmes along with Nigel Bruce as his dependable but slightly bumbling and dim chum Watson 😂 although not a strict transfer from one of the stories it does bear many elements which are found in the Hound of Baskervilles. It was set in Canada instead of England because it was thought a war weary British audience would enjoy a bit of escapism with the setting. 

Interesting fact: Basil Rathbone was a distant cousin of Brevet Colonel Henry Rathbone, who was present at the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, and was seriously wounded trying to stop John Wilkes Booth.

Edited by hocico

Disasters At Sea on the Smithsonian Channel.  This episode is about a container cargo ship that sank after somehow ending up in the middle of a hurricane.  It's really sad because the captain didn't listen to his crew about the latest weather reports, and all 33 ended up going down with the ship.   

Finished The Wicker Man (1973) yesterday, and Everest (2015) last night.  Not sure what I'll watch today...right now I'm just flipping through the channels until I can think of a movie.  One thing I'm not watching is the news.  I actually went all summer without watching the news and was better off for it.  Then I tuned in for a few days after the election, but now I'm done (except for local weather and stuff like that).

Just finished watching Star Trek DS9. Again. Well, I am a closet trekkie so what did you expect?

Kind of made me sad to see the end (again), but this struck a chord and made me laugh:

Ezri: "Have you talked to your councellor about your annhilation fantasies?"

When they were talking about Bashir's new holodeck program of "the battle of Thermopyle"(the defending Spartans get annhilated by the the attacking Persian force).

I sort of recognized myself there. Haha.