ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

I'm in the mid-atlantic area and you can see Jupiter most nights now. Saturn also if you look close on a clear night. It's much smaller and dimmer. Jupiter stands out. Also look for the ISS. We watched it fly by several times a couple of weeks ago.

I finished Dark (Netflix German series) a few days ago. It's so good but so intricate, I need to rewatch again to catch everything (I've already watched youtube videos to explain timelines and such). I would rank it as one of the best tv series ever.

I regret watching it while being so depressed though. Don't watch if you are doing suicidal ideation.

24 minutes ago, Kogent5 said:

I finished Dark (Netflix German series) a few days ago. It's so good but so intricate, I need to rewatch again to catch everything (I've already watched youtube videos to explain timelines and such). I would rank it as one of the best tv series ever.

I regret watching it while being so depressed though. Don't watch if you are doing suicidal ideation.

8.8 rating is pretty good.  I'll watch it soon.  I usually cancel Netflix for a while and then go back.  

9 minutes ago, sober4life said:

8.8 rating is pretty good.  I'll watch it soon.  I usually cancel Netflix for a while and then go back.  

I usually only subscribe for 2 months of the year when they offer discount on their HD subscription 😁

Again, this is NOT a happy show - there are characters who I don't think smiled in the entire 3 seasons. It definitely heightened my suicidal ideation.

The episode of Supernatural where Dean and Sammy run into "Q" from Star Trek.   Predictably, Dean wants to shoot Q when he first winks himself into the back seat of the Impala while Dean is driving.  Sammy calmed him down. They were all wearing masks--though Q didn't need to but wore it anyway because he's freaky wise.  Q healed the sick. and  took the virus from the world.  And in another wink was gone.  Crazy Q. 

It's a good one. 

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

The Social Dilemma

I'm totally hooked on technology.  I have something on the entire time I'm awake.  It's been that way since the Nintendo came out when I was 5.  It was because the people around me never gave me anything I needed.  There was a sense that I was on my own from day one.  Al Bundy had it right when he smashed the computer when they got it on Married With Children.  Of course he probably sat down at the couch and turned on the tv and thought he won.  We never win.  It's interesting when the people on the show say they aren't even strong enough to control themselves on the technology.  They released what they knew would become a monster none of us could control.  Oh and yes they were trying to manipulate me on the show.  Isn't that the way of the world now?  Those terrible people over there are manipulating you says the person that's manipulating you right now.  Divide and conquer by the end the only safe place is right here with me.

Edited by sober4life

7 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Thanks Hocico, I'll look for this.  I know advising Henry was a dangerous occupation, and most did no better than his wives. 

Bulgakov

You're welcome Bulgakov, he certainly was a dangerous man who would turn on even those who where totally loyal to him. The thing I found most interesting what it linked the relationship between his wives and his advisors as often they were pushing various marriage candidates to the king for their own advancement/religious reasons, although that often proved their downfall as in the case of the Boleyn family who apparently all came to bad ends as a result of their propensity for scheming!