ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

@hocico - Drain the Oceans on Nat Geo is an awesome show too!

I just watched one where they drained part of the channel by the coastline and pulled out a spitfire and an old ship that was sunk by a uboat. Drain the Battle of Britain. Very good and the technology is awesome!

BlackAdder. My neighbors hear wild gratuitous cackling at midnight, erupting from a dark house where there lives only one person, a person they've seen washing his clothes in a bucket on the driveway.

The Dirty Dozen!!!!!! 

Lee Marvin
Charles Bronson
Jim Brown
John Cassavettes
Donald Sutherland
Telly Savalas

. . . just to name a few.  Gods!  They were so young.

They're in the castle of the Evil Nazis! 

(I have felt the German language calling me all of my life.  Probably a past life thing.  But I think I'll attempt to learn a bit.)

Edited by womanofthelight
sentence structure

4 hours ago, womanofthelight said:

The Dirty Dozen!!!!!! 

Lee Marvin
Charles Bronson
Jim Brown
John Cassavettes
Donald Sutherland
Telly Savalas

. . . just to name a few.  Gods!  They were so young.

Awesome movie!! Always felt bad for Jefferson. 🙂

Tonight I'm watching the clouds roll in outside.  I hope it's a rainy night.

3 hours ago, SoulSurvivor said:

The Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin - I am always rewatching it...   best show I have seen for a long time

Have you ever seen Broad City or Better Things?  Comedy Central and FX are very stingy with their on demand function, but maybe Hulu or some other platform has them, if you're interested.  Glad you're enjoying Kominsky.  I like it, too.

Days of Our Lives  I like soap operas for some reason but it's the same characters year after year which I still like but some of the good guys and bad guys are too old to play those parts anymore!  Victor half the time plays his parts in hospital beds at this point.  If that's not a sign I don't know what is.  John is still supposed to be the tough guy and I'm not sure he can get off the couch he's sitting on right now without help.  I wish they were better at bringing in new characters to these shows.

Paint drying. No, seriously. I painted the inside of the wheels on my gals car. Applying a little heat to them to aid in drying and removing moisture. So literally watching paint dry. Yes it is as boring as you expect it to be. 😉

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, sober4life said:

The worst horror movie I've ever seen. 

Horror movies provide the worst examples of the worst possible movies, esp today with production costs down to the price of good smart phone. 

I've liked horror movies since I was a boy, and saw all the OG horror movies from the late 50s on from the safety of a cushioned theater chair.  Somewhere around thirty-five years ago I had a piece published in SEVENTEEN called "Scream Test", a quiz-styled takeoff on the most cliched scenes in horror movies and multiple choice answers as possible solutions--examp.  "a monster is just outside the cabin door, so you A.  strip down to your underwear and locate a faulty flashlight" etc. 

Many horror movies in the early days were "B" movies, low budget, but not necessarily bad in all ways.  New horror movie makers, often writing, directing, and starring in their own version of other bad movies . . . They aren't the only ones making imitative, unimaginative films.  Action and comic hero movies are also made and remade.  But for some reason--low overhead compared to action genres--there are simply more bad horror movies made than any other movie type. 

Just watch through your fingers, Bulga