ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

@shio

5 MILES UP AND 5 MILES DOWN! ... oh wait that's BOB  

SPR is a cinematic masterpiece ❤️ 

Bladerunner 2049 

OMG it's Ryan Gosling and the dude is actually TALKING! he never says more than ten sentences per movie usually 

Warning warning you are reaching your maximum sentence limit!

Ryan shuts down

Edited by hocico

I return to watching Sci Fi or fantasy shows. The escapism for me is in a world that looks nothing much like our own, where I can immerse and problems are unfamiliar. 

Tonight, I heard from several people who are finding their escapism by watching shows and movies that depict horrific crimes. I kinda get it. Reminds us of what much-worse-than-this might look like. While still others retreat into Disney, adhering to themes of love, overcoming cynicism with togetherness and tightening bonds of family. 

It interests me the many places we choose to go when we need to take a mental break from the upheaval and uncertainty. 

13 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

OH I forgot that I have the complete V miniseries on dvd!  The original one from the 80s.  Gonna dust it off and start watching it tonight 🙂    

I bet the Ancient Aliens marathon brought on that idea.  There's actually a conspiracy theory that something like that old show V is really happening on earth.  Do I believe it?  No of course not but I sure wouldn't be shocked if it was true either.

3 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I bet the Ancient Aliens marathon brought on that idea.  There's actually a conspiracy theory that something like that old show V is really happening on earth.  Do I believe it?  No of course not but I sure wouldn't be shocked if it was true either.

Ha, I did notice the Ancient Aliens marathon and it might have triggered a thought of V in my brain 🙂  

The Blue Goose - Hermann Göring's Mercedes - Mark Felton productions

The story of 'The Blue Goose', Hermann Göring's custom built Mercedes 540K Roadster from its initial order in 1937, through its capture by US troops in 1945 to its recent re-emergence and restoration in the last few years.

"His expanding waistline caused the steering wheel to rub against his belly" 😂

I love how this guy's channel on you tube covers the most obscure bits of military historiana 😆 

Edited by hocico

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

DF TV. 

Me too.  Sometimes, like now, I leave the sound off on Fox, and listen to Alejandro Escovedo on stereo headphones.  And there doesn't seem to be any relation between the two at all.  I read the headline banners, the ticker tape of streaming bad along the bottom of the screen, and tune in when I see a new alert, if I want.

TV silenced, I use Dana Perino's  hair as my model.  If it's still somewhat flat, uncoiffed, then I know she's still home, and we're still at some level of lock down.  She's not the only talking head showing signs of wear.  Any more weeks/months of this and they'll be broadcasting live in their underwear, from their couch. 

Bulgakov

General Hospital  That's all we need is another boring bad guy.  Soap operas are so pathetic when it comes to the villains.  There was Stefano Dimera, JR Ewing and that's about it.  The rest.🙄Wait I almost forgot Tabitha and Timmy from Passions.  They were the best.😂

Edited by sober4life

"Eb" from 60s series Green Acres died on the 20th of this month, two days ago.  He was 81 and the last regular from the original cast alive.  He played Eddie Albert's paid farm hand, and wannabe son.  I love Green Acres for being a seminal form of sitcom that's wacky; not Lucy-n-Desi wacky, but more like Dali wacky with a stretchy aspect.  It was a 60's show, and the political but the social harpoons it launched went without notice by censors.  I read an interview with Eddie Albert years ago, in which he talks about his amaze at what they could get away with on the series. The characters were cleverly composed caricatures of American types.  Each was a master of the double take. 

I listened to "Eb" give a radio interview when I was traveling, 6 years ago or so.  He said that one person wrote almost every episode.  The characters enjoyed a rare continuity because of that.  For me, I didn't see and hear much like it until the cartoon families came to TV, the Simpsons, Family Guy. 

Be worth a few episodes to try if you've never watched it.  Good binge material if you like it. 

R.I.P. Eb

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

I watch too much news.  I'm slowly becoming someone that has the news on all day.  It's very addictive because they're very good at what they do but like everything else addictive it's mostly poison.  Why are the things that are the worst for us overall the most addictive things?  They draw you in though because they have a way of making our mind think their opinions are solid facts because they're good smooth talkers.  They could sell air conditioners to people in Antarctica but how do you stop watching you have to know what's going on right now.

Bingeing on Star Trek until my free trial ends on Monday.

On that day, I'll turn over a new page and be super productive! No more hours spent lazy gazing at the screen. 

Yeah!

Yeah. 

Yeah, right. 🙄 who am I kidding.