20YearsandCounting

ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

PBS - Animal Reunions. Damian Aspinall, Jane Goodall, David Sheldrick. Animal conservation folks who reunite with gorillas, elephants, cheetah, that they raised in capitivity until they could be released into the wild. Many years later they go back to the wild and find their old friends and reunite. It's pretty amazing how the animals don't forget at all and almost immediately come to see them. Which also destroys many archaic views scientists had until people like Goodall proved the scholars wrong. Good series.

Lots of Netflix. 

If I watch the news I'll truly believe there is no tomorrow... which I'm already scared about.

Cadfael - The Sanctuary Sparrow 

Liliwin is a poor acrobat hired to entertain at an Aurifaber wedding. But when he is dismissed and the master of the house is found unconscious and robbed, Cadfael must find the real thief before the mob takes vengeance.

Posted (edited)

The news.  I've noticed they've been moving the coronavirus press conferences to the evening because every time the doctors start talking on there the stock market drops.

Edited by sober4life

Cadfael - The Devils Novice

Brother Cadfael has two mysteries on his hands when a new novice arrives at Shrewsbury and a cleric vanishes in the forest. The novice, Meriet son of Leoric Ashby, is determined to take his vows as soon as possible and become a monk. Cadfael takes a liking to the young man but finds his claim to monastic devotion doubtful believing there are other reasons for his desire to join their Order. Meanwhile, Cadfael sets out to find information on a missing cleric, Peter Clemence, who is the favorite of a local Bishop but disappeared in the forest soon after spending the night with the Ashbys, distant cousins. To solve both mysteries, Cadfael will need to learn more about the various relationships in the Ashby family.

Several streaming services are offering free month-long trials and I couldn't resist. 

Binge watching Star Trek Discovery while I can. 

The House. Its very boring so I will move on to the next. I would be better off watching old DVDs since that's when movies were good.

How It's Made is on all day on the Science Channel.  It's a show I like to have on in the background while I do other things, and it's kinda cool to learn how a bunch of random things are made 🙂 

I just finished watching Good Time. Everything I heard about it was that it's like an anxiety or panic attack. And then I watched it and it's not even close to my general anxiety level lmao. At the back of my head I kept thinking, "Is this what functioning people think is anxiety-inducing?"

Anyways, great movie 👍

27 minutes ago, Shijima said:

I'm watching 1917 with my step dad.

@hocico

I like that movie it was pretty good I thought.

By odd coincidence I'm sat watching a documentary about a WW1 trench excavation at the moment  :smile: how are you finding 1917? 

:laugh: yeah I thought it was a good mix of slightly campy horror/ history re-imagined. 

@hocico

I just finished it it was brilliant and a well made movie I thought. It was slso filmed in a way that was really interesting and intriguing. I think it was shot in one shot if I'm  correct. 

I like watching history war related films. Not for fighting but for what people when through back then. As for the movie you watched I agree too. 

If you ever want to talk about history stuff like that if your into that feel free to message me if you like if not no worries.