ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

Channel flipping, I stopped on World Wide Wrestling.  The national broadcast with Wrestlemania.  They're doing the show and matches without an audience.  It looks more like a play.  I've looked at pro wrestling over the years to see what's new.  The call outs, cat calls, and stare downs just seemed weird with no screaming fans. 

Edited by Bulgakov

I just saw some horrible footage of mistreatment of pigs on a farming programme. I'm glad they are bringing it to the attention of the British public, although it kills me to see it. We are a nation of animal lovers and this information won't go unheeded. It's on a prime time slot. 

Edited by Nightjar

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I just saw some horrible footage of mistreatment of pigs on a farming programme. I'm glad they are bringing it to the attention of the British public, although it kills me to see it. We are a nation of animal lovers and this information won't go unheeded. It's on a prime time slot. 

I could never live with myself being a farmer.  I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.  My favorite animals are rabbits, squirrels and birds.  I love animals but I don't have pets a lot of the time.  I would love to have a rabbit but I can't have one as a pet.  I'm not going to take the rabbit's life away and bring it in here to put it in a cage for the rest of it's life.

5 minutes ago, sober4life said:

My favorite animals are rabbits, squirrels and birds.

That's lovely. It's funny, I've connected with all the animal lovers on this site. When you look at my followers, they all have animal pictures instead of faces! And I'm following all of the animal faces too! 😺

On 3/20/2020 at 8:49 PM, Bulgakov said:

Channel flipping, I stopped on World Wide Wrestling.  The national broadcast with Wrestlemania.  They're doing the show and matches without an audience.  It looks more like a play.  I've looked at pro wrestling over the years to see what's new.  The call outs, cat calls, and stare downs just seemed weird with no screaming fans. 

Oh man that must be so strange.  I found an article on a site called Vulture called "Pro Wrestling in Empty Arenas is the Weirdest Show on Earth".  Apparently some of the wrestlers actually broke character in humorous ways, which almost never happens.  Makes me want to watch now haha.    

I'm about to start watching I Am Legend on DVR.   

Just now, AloneGuy said:

Apparently some of the wrestlers actually broke character in humorous ways, which almost never happens.

I think I saw one of the earliest efforts.  No one cracked, but there was a long, awkward stare down.  I was waiting for one of the two to laugh. How long can you maintain a malevolent gaze, with no fans sounds again, without getting out of character.  Probably the producers directors must have told them to just do what they always do.  An evil guy with extra belly fat slammed his opponent, kicked him, etc., then he walked over to the ropes on one side, flapping and flopping his gut, gesturing and scowling into the air.  He just looked a little insane. 

They need to play to the camera now, growl into the lens to demonstrate your disdain for all things decent, not a blank wall.  Good for them for providing some fun.

Bulga

Edited by Bulgakov

Spartacus (movie) starring Kirk Douglas and Jean Simmons. 

I have loved Tony Curtis in 2 o3 3 of his movies.  I even like him VERY MUCH in this one, until the point where he recites a poem (as he is "Antoninus, Singer of Songs").  He speaks of the land of his mother and his father which they left "long ago, long ago, long ago . . . "  HOWEVER

Tony, native of the Bronx, clearly had no dialect coach on the movie because he says (and I do not exaggerate):
"lon gago, lon gago, lon gago . . . "

HAVE.  MERCY. . . .

Edited by womanofthelight

Naked and Afraid, Too Deep In. 

These partners have been dropped in the Andros Islands (there are about 40 tiny ones scattered in the "Bermuda Triangle."), and have to make their way from one island that has no water source to about 5 or 6 others, totaling 25 miles, sailing or swimming to their extraction point in shark-filled waters!  The islands are limestone rocks with little, if any, soft grass or land conducive to comfortable sleep or even sitting!!!!  The two strangers work well together, but the man has to tap out because he's threatening his long-term health with dehydration, which has caused his kidneys to produce kidney stones (he's had them before and knows the pain).

There are three dolphins circling her tiny raft. 

They've come to pick him up and now she is alone.  Yikes.

I'm really enjoying Jimmy's "Tonight Show: Home Edition" on Youtube from his unusual looking house. All the creative content people have been doing as a result of social distancing shows how you can use your ingenuity to brighten up a bad situation. 

Also hearing about how people are donating, doing community projects (like putting up Christmas lights and doing sing-alongs) is pretty cool. 

Edited by evalynn

Heat of the sun - Episode 3 The sport of kings

After defeating a charge of ******ing a young African man who worked for him and losing an important horse race, wealthy and powerful Max Van der Vuurst is found dead in what appears to be an accidental fire at his house. Tyburn has to work with colonial troops to rescue a town besieged by raiders in order to collar their prime suspect.