20YearsandCounting

ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

The News.  The news is so pathetic around here.  They have men and women as sportscasters.  Half the time they announce the man and the woman comes on the screen and says nope I'm not John.

On 2/27/2020 at 6:58 PM, In2deep4me said:

Disturbed singing The Sound of Silence (of all things). It was actually a pretty good. I think I like it better than when S&G did it.

Yes they did a very good version of that song :smile:

Partners in crime - The Ambassador's Boots 

Tommy and Tuppence find themselves working for the US Ambassador to Great Britain who tells them a strange tale about a misplaced bag. On his recent return to the UK, a bag identical to his, but belonging to someone else, was delivered to his home. The correct bags were delivered soon after but when he approached the other party involved, they denied ever getting the wrong bag. What, the Ambassador asks, would someone have wanted with his bag that contained nothing other than his boots? Interviewing several of the passengers who traveled on the same ship as the Ambassador, the detectives conclude that they are dealing with a case of smuggling, but who are the culprits?

Season 2 of Altered Carbon has been released. Sci Fi/detective drama. Humans have technology that allow us to transfer consciousness from one body to another, so nobody has to die permanently. But what ethical, societal and personal problems might arise from this?

I'm rewatching the first season. I can never remember a show 1 year after I watch it. 

21 hours ago, Epictetus said:

"Better Call Saul."  I'm not a big fan of the show but watch it now and then because it is filmed in my home town. 

Wow they filmed Breaking Bad there too.  I don't like Better Call Saul either.  Breaking Bad was much better even though it's hard to watch some of it for me for many reasons.