ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

3 hours ago, Fray13 said:

Kitten Bowl on Hallmark channel. I love both this AND the Puppy Bowl on AP. I'd watch 10 hours of these any time rather than even 10 SECONDS of the Super Bowl.

Me too! So cute they are 

Nazi hunters - Herberts Cukurs 

During the war Herberts Cukurs, of the Latvian Air Force, joins forces with the fascists, earning the nickname ‘The Hangman of Riga’. . Twenty years later, Cukurs is living quietly in Sao Paolo, Brazil. That is, until the Nazi-hunting unit of the Israeli secret service tracks him down.

Kicking off one of the most daring missions in its history, Mossad agents decide to execute Cukurs without a public trial, and send a message to Nazi war criminals the world over to fear for their lives. Posing as a successful Austrian businessman and former Nazi lieutenant named Anton Kuenzle, an undercover Mossad spy makes contact with Cukurs and the master plan begins to unfold. Impressed by Kuenzle’s apparent wealth and success, Cukurs readily admits he’s a war criminal. But earning his trust and luring him out of the country prove more challenging. 

The Americans. Rewatching from the first season because I stopped watching the show 4 years ago when I broke up with girlfriend. Cause you know how it is, did an activity together but you split up so you can't enjoy that one thing? Cause it makes you think about... ok so yeah maybe that's just me. Anyways, I'm over it. 🙂

The Inspector Murdoch  Mysteries - Murdoch without borders

When a harsh new immigration law comes into force, the Murdochs and Inspector Brackenreid find themselves find themselves dealing with its fallout with its enforcers and the Greek immigrants targeted by it.

45 minutes ago, evalynn said:

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Season 3

I waited and waited for season 3... then when it finally arrived.. I spent all night watching the entire season... I did that with seasons 1 &2 too.. As a kid in the 60's/70's, I loved to read all of the Archie Comics and I really liked when they threw Sabrina into the mix...  I still watch the 1990's sitcom when I want to laugh (love Salem). I guess I  understand why Salem won't talk in this one with the drama-horror thing going on and I am always afraid something  bad might happen to Salem  in this new series.. like when Sabrina accidentally let that demon out of the Arcane puzzle...  there was a scene when the demon was saying "here kitty kitty kitty..."   I screamed.. "run Salem run"   ...I know... I always interact with the TV....  I love Bewitched too... that is hilarious- I watch that a lot  :nod:

@SoulSurvivor I kept waiting for Salem to have his big moment all through the first two seasons. I figured he was her familiar for a reason, and that he must have a big moment coming up. Now I've given up. I don't know why they even have familiars if they don't really do anything. I miss the sarcastic, talking Salem of the sitcom. But overall, I find the drama in this version of Sabrina way more intriguing.

4 hours ago, evalynn said:

@SoulSurvivor I kept waiting for Salem to have his big moment all through the first two seasons. I figured he was her familiar for a reason, and that he must have a big moment coming up. Now I've given up. I don't know why they even have familiars if they don't really do anything. I miss the sarcastic, talking Salem of the sitcom. But overall, I find the drama in this version of Sabrina way more intriguing.

Oh yes... this version of Sabrina is way more intriguing and I think Kiernan Shipka is an excellent choice to play Sabrina. I loved her as Sally in Mad Men. No I don't think Salem will talk in this Sabrina. I haven't read this version of the comic book either so I don't even know if Salem talks there either...  but to be fair..  the Salem of the 90's sitcom was a guy who tried to take over the world and then was sentenced by the Witches Council to be a cat for 100 years.. A witches' familiar is like a spirit guide, often in the body of an animal who helps them.. so the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is being more truer to what a familiar is.. I think