ejc's "What are you watching right now?" Thread, Part 3

I just finished season 2 of Star Trek Discovery. I really enjoy that series. The effects are astonishingly good, as are the stories. Some Star Trek fans don't like this series because it doesn't always follow canon. I think of it as Star Trek in a darker and grittier universe. 🙂 It is nice to see Captain Pike in action (the dude who commanded the Enterprise before Kirk came along).

On 1/7/2020 at 6:10 PM, sober4life said:

I'm watching the news right now.  What's going on is extremely serious.   

Yeah. But I can't help but feel that we are being "punked" by the media. They love for us to be fearful...we are easier to control in that state.

2 hours ago, AloneGuy said:

A series called How the World Ends on the Travel Channel.  It has various experts talking about possible end of world scenarios.  This episode is about what might happen if aliens invaded our planet 👾     

Will Smith will kick their slimy green behinds and save us all again :nod:

Killer clergy

Edited by hocico

On 1/19/2020 at 2:11 PM, JD4010 said:

I just finished season 2 of Star Trek Discovery. I really enjoy that series. The effects are astonishingly good, as are the stories. Some Star Trek fans don't like this series because it doesn't always follow canon. I think of it as Star Trek in a darker and grittier universe. 🙂 It is nice to see Captain Pike in action (the dude who commanded the Enterprise before Kirk came along).

I recently subscribed to CBS All Access again so I can start watching it, and also the Star Trek: Picard series when it comes out.  I'm really curious about both.           

Right now watching Star Trek: DS9 marathon on BBC America.  Star Trek everywhere! haha       

17 hours ago, AloneGuy said:

I recently subscribed to CBS All Access again so I can start watching it, and also the Star Trek: Picard series when it comes out.  I'm really curious about both.           

Right now watching Star Trek: DS9 marathon on BBC America.  Star Trek everywhere! haha       

I binged DS9 last year. What a great show.

With Discovery, go at it with an open mind.

2 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I binged DS9 last year. What a great show.

Yeah DS9 is awesome isn't it?  It's actually my favorite of all the series'.    

2 hours ago, JD4010 said:

With Discovery, go at it with an open mind.

Cool, will do.  I tend to be a bit of a "purist" but I'll keep my mind open 🙂 

Fauda (Netflix). Drama about conflict in the middle east. 

13 hours ago, AloneGuy said:

Yeah DS9 is awesome isn't it?  It's actually my favorite of all the series'.    

Cool, will do.  I tend to be a bit of a "purist" but I'll keep my mind open 🙂 

@JD4010 has a good idea here. I made an effort to keep my fundamentalist Trek beliefs compartmentalized in order to fully experience TNG, DS9, Enterprise and Voyager. I never once threw my shoe at the TV. I have my favorite of the sagas though I did enjoy each series for the stories, characters and backgrounds. I just can't see paying for CBS streaming but maybe I can sign up for a trial?

6 hours ago, Atra said:

Fauda (Netflix). Drama about conflict in the middle east. 

@JD4010 has a good idea here. I made an effort to keep my fundamentalist Trek beliefs compartmentalized in order to fully experience TNG, DS9, Enterprise and Voyager. I never once threw my shoe at the TV. I have my favorite of the sagas though I did enjoy each series for the stories, characters and backgrounds. I just can't see paying for CBS streaming but maybe I can sign up for a trial?

Or see if the DVDs are available at Half Price Books or somewhere. I got mine through Barnes and Noble, using my daughter's employee discount. 🙂

@Atra I think CBS made a big mistake with putting this on CBS Streaming. But the again, I'm old school. I don't have cable or even home wi fi so I have to wait until everything comes out on DVD. Heck, I"m finally watching that old TV series Taken, which came out in the early 2000s?

Kobe Bryant's last game.  Why was he my hero?  Watch his last game.  He was probably the oldest person on the floor that night and he scored 60 points.  I also watched an interview of his and he was talking about coming back from injuries.  Why do you keep coming back?  I want to see if I can.  That's me to a tee.  No matter how bad things are I want to fight back to my best every time!