How Do You Feel Right Now #11

You know? I tried to make a substantial change to my life five years ago in an attempt to get myself out of the very deep rut I was in. For awhile, it almost seemed like I would pull it off and have a better life. I actually felt some optimism!

Well, we all know what comes next: The universe swooped in and swatted me back down to where I'm "supposed" to be. How dare I think I could make anything better! 

Edited by JD4010

43 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Overwhelmed but unmotivated. That's a horrible combination, let me tell you. 

I'm in a constant state of learned helplessness. No matter what I do, it's going to turn out wrong so why do anything?

Actually, you just described my day thus far.

16 hours ago, Stand_alone said:

I read today is Travel Tuesday. Typically Tuesday has always been the cheapest day to book and travel.

Well, since 9/11, which happened on a Tuesday.  So, Airlines dropped Tuesday fares to get people--those who might be superstitious--to travel

On 11/30/2019 at 7:18 AM, sober4life said:

What is a normal weekend though.  Is it one where we can hide away from the world and have nothing that "needs to be done" or is it one where we can live like everyone else?

A normal weekend for me is more to hide away from the world, get some chores done and relax by reading, watching TV, and coloring. I may bake and do some exercises.  I do go to church on Sunday but that is it. It just means nothing extra to do or places to go. I get all my errands and grocery shopping done during the week after work. Then I'm pretty wiped out after that.

Edited by BeyondWeary

It's official. I have a new job starting January! It will be more hours than I am used to but I will be able to work from home. I get good benefits too. I am so relieved as I have been struggling with what to do when my current job ends this year and not having a lot of energy has been hard. I am so grateful that this new job worked out! I may not do much except work and recover on the weekends yet that is better than it could be. I still have a good amount of anxiety so we will see how it goes.

31 minutes ago, BeyondWeary said:

It's official. I have a new job starting January! It will be more hours than I am used to but I will be able to work from home. I get good benefits too. I am so relieved as I have been struggling with what to do when my current job ends this year and not having a lot of energy has been hard. I am so grateful that this new job worked out! I may not do much except work and recover on the weekends yet that is better than it could be. I still have a good amount of anxiety so we will see how it goes.

That's the best news I've heard in a long time!  I'm so glad you can finally have some peace!

8 hours ago, sober4life said:

I don't have anything I have to do today.  Out of state family will be around from today until the end of the week and the neighbors I can see them from this window looking at me from their windows all of them plotting against me.  The birds have probably come back so they can report to them all what I'm up to.  They were sent in as spies I'm sure.  She likes birds.  She won't suspect them.  I'm on to them though.🥺

I have a dark sense of humor but yes this was a joke as @BeyondWearynoticed.

6 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Overwhelmed but unmotivated. That's a horrible combination, let me tell you. 

I'm in a constant state of learned helplessness. No matter what I do, it's going to turn out wrong so why do anything?

Same here plus I am in BS too.  

I'm so fed up with work. Please fire my boss already. I am not happy about a new client I got who doesn't implement anything. I have no time to spend on them, and no extra time to spend on them to figure it out. I blame my boss and Manager for not overseeing this account correctly over the last year. If the client wasn't implementing a single recommendation made over the last year, why wasn't the work reviewed that was being sent? Why wasn't it made obvious to the strategist that he spoke over their heads in a way they can't understand?  I saw it immediately when I looked at his work. It was too hard to implement and too difficult to understand. I am beside myself. Now I have a meeting with this same client today and I don't have enough time to even prep for it because I have NINE monthly reports to write this week. I'm given the most work out of anyone in my whole dept because I am the most efficient and adept at my job. This company is ridiculous. 

Edited by RiverLight

32 minutes ago, watalife said:

Like a maniac. I would accept sudden death with open arms.

I go outside during thunderstorms and thrust a long iron pole towards the heavens in the hope that lightning will strike it. Never works. I then slowly make my way back inside, but inevitably slip and fall in the mud created by the rain. The next day I develop pneumonia from standing outside in the cold rain.

Other than that, life is grand.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, JD4010 said:

I identify with much of what you wrote there. I still very responsible/obligated for so many things. And yet I feel like a burden in general.

If not for my daughter and two kitties, I'd have left this realm long ago.

yes -- in my worst/darkest moments, it's my kids that have kept me anchored. lost my mother many years ago.  i won't do the same to my kids, i've worked too hard to give them a better life than what i had. 

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I'm worn down to nothing but I have a plan that  always seems to change.  I'm getting a backup refrigerator soon so I can use that and put my free time over the winter into fixing the one I have now.

Want to come over and help me install a garbage disposal?

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

If I lived close by I absolutely would.😃

Cool. I need to call my landlord but I HATE having her come over to "inspect" the problem. She snoops around everywhere once she's inside. 

4 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Cool. I need to call my landlord but I HATE having her come over to "inspect" the problem. She snoops around everywhere once she's inside. 

You could do it my way and try to fix everything by watching youtube videos.  Of course you run the risk of making things worse that I never seem to think about until I'm half way into something I've never done before.  My first instinct is to do it myself not because I believe I can.  I don't want anyone in my house.

12 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

I’m just very depressed right now. Can I afford to just lay in bed for twenty four hours? No, I can’t. I’m lost, there’s no hope for me, nothing I do will amount to anything, all my efforts are just stomped on. What can I do but just cry till I can’t cry anymore.

I so feel for you. Wish there was something I could do to make it better.

i dont want to feel anything,  in may a friend of 30+ years had moved back home almost, the next town over, she was basically running from her exhusband, we finally decided after 6 months of talking daily, to start dating, then she kinda disappears a couple days, i then find out her ex found her and killed her in a M*****/suicide