How Do You Feel Right Now #11

On 9/20/2019 at 6:22 PM, Depressedgurl007 said:

I feel I’m a terrible person. Before I left on my “last day” of work, my colleague told me to be careful of my words and how I talk to people and to myself. I’m not a terrible person so I should not talk to myself that way. But why do I feel so terrible.

I hear that from people all the time.  I usually tell them to get lost.  They have an opinion that's all.

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

Nobody really fixes a microwave.  The people at the hardware store acted like I was an idiot.  I had 2 microwaves neither one was working.  I got one to work.  The other one if there was a repairman here he would say go buy a new one.  I have one going and the other one will stay here for parts for now.  I got one to work.  Who's the idiot now hardware store people?  All that was wrong was a fuse needed replaced inside that cost $3.50.  I painted some things here too a couple of weeks ago and stained the decks outside.  I love fixing things.  My first instinct is to do it myself and learn how to do things so I don't have to ask anyone for anything.

Good job Sober.  😀

On 9/19/2019 at 8:55 PM, John_in_SF said:

Hotlines don't do therapy. The only reason they exist is keep you from doing "it." If your life continues to be miserable, they don't care, just so long as your life continues.

That's correct.  The last time I phoned a hotline was back in the eighties.  Waste of time.  The lady was like if you are not suicidal then we cannot help you.  

37 minutes ago, duck said:

I hear that from people all the time.  I usually tell them to get lost.  They have an opinion that's all.

Actually that colleague is just giving advice I’m the nice guy I never tell people to get lost. I guess I’m the type that think if I want the world to be a nice place, I should start with myself. Though that usually backfires on me. Sigh.

14 hours ago, sober4life said:

My first instinct is to do it myself and learn how to do things so I don't have to ask anyone for anything

I admire the confidence you and @watalifecarry with regard to DIY maintenance or projects. My first thoughts when regarding such projects are, "How many ways can I imagine making this problem worse? Why should I believe I'm competent enough to sort out the process? Let's skip to the end when I call myself a screw-up." 

Perhaps I'm underestimating my abilities. Or maybe I think the stakes are higher than they are, should I fail. Whatever, it's easier to label you both geniuses than it is to admit I'm too afraid to try because I don't think of myself as being "handy".

5 hours ago, Atra said:

I admire the confidence you and @watalifecarry with regard to DIY maintenance or projects. My first thoughts when regarding such projects are, "How many ways can I imagine making this problem worse? Why should I believe I'm competent enough to sort out the process? Let's skip to the end when I call myself a screw-up." 

Perhaps I'm underestimating my abilities. Or maybe I think the stakes are higher than they are, should I fail. Whatever, it's easier to label you both geniuses than it is to admit I'm too afraid to try because I don't think of myself as being "handy".

I've always said that if I had it all to do over, I'd start by taking basic household electronics and carpentry courses.  Maybe you can think of a couple of others.  I know it's time to try my hand when I'm ready to throw a thing away, or, I've already successfully fixed the given situation, before, with positive results. 

With electricity, I have only one caution, the obvious one.  Make sure everything is turned off, everywhere, all the way back to and including the breaker box.  You may have to set a few clocks, but it beats getting "bit" again.  On that, I asked a qualified handy man if house current could end you, and he answered, "It'll all do you in."  Point taken is to assume that any and all shared moments with house current could finish you off.  Once that's satisfied, get a clear space where you can retrieve teeny parts that couldn't have possibly rolled that far, and go to town, get with it, proceed. Look and see if something is obviously broken or loose, and work down. 

That's my DIY book.  Another good "meta" tip, write down what it was and how you fixed it.  Many times I've fixed things, had them go out the exact same way later, but couldn't remember the steps I'd made before to get it right.  Thanks to smart phone you can do it with pics now. 

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

I admire your guys' abilities to fix things. Since I'm pretty physically weak and uncoordinated, unless it's cooking, I've just had to have my father fix everything, and when I move out my poor fiance gets subject to the world of fixing things I break.  🤣 But I'll fix my fiance's shirt buttons and make him cake, so it's not all too bad for him. 

Today has been good. I actually got to leave the house and go on a long walk. Took a really good nap right after, so now I'm all recharged to do my chores and play video games. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Stressed out pretty bad life is so hard going to see my therapist tomorrow so hopefully that goes well just a lot of bad things keep happening like a friend ended up in the hospital and they won’t help him but he has to help him self at this point people can’t fix his problems for him

I'm lonely but don't expect anyone to come here ever again.  I've tried to make connections with people.  Usually when people have things in common they come together in life.  With me if someone figures out they have something in common with me they try to avoid me.

8 hours ago, iWantRope said:

Would have been less rough if can tell workplace management, and client to 'shut up & go ****ing die"

Damn!!!  I was in a similar situation several years ago.  I hope things improve for you.:hugs:🙂

4 hours ago, duck said:

How's Arizona?  I hope it's still warm.  The next seven days will average in the forties for us.  I would like to spend the winter in a warmer place.

Last few days started to cool off Duck.  Last week at this time, 107 degrees.  These days are mid to high 90s, feels like heaven.  Snow birds will begin arriving, and tent cities with wares for sale in next two months will blossom--mostly rocks. 

Bulga

As usual avoiding the kitchen when mil is there. So I talked to my chairman after the whole crazy event with the police and the institute of mental health n he said I got two choices, since my husband can’t change n my mil can’t change. 1) Change myself 2) Leave this relationship. And of course, me being who I am, choose choice number 1. Really. Is happiness really sacrificing so much? Maybe?

Edited by Depressedgurl007

My evening positive mood swing is beginning. But I am exhausted. My apartment-sitting gig ended yesterday and I didn't sleep well the last couple of nights I was there. Last night was my first time sleeping in the car. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but not much fun, either. There is a local program for people living out of their cars to stay overnight in church parking lots with a locked gate and a guard and a portable toilet. Thank goodness for this small safety net!

Today has been a challenge figuring out what to do with my time. Turns out to be a blessing that I took a very small part-time job at a local private college — it's a safe place to hang out and I can use the fitness center and the showers!

This is a huge change in lifestyle for me as I have been a homebody all my life. But I am not falling apart (yet). It's just weird to find myself in the same area I've lived in for years but not really knowing it at all.