The hamster wheel spins faster and faster

JD4010

I'm perpetually broke. I can barely make it from month to month with rent, utilities, and the massive payment to my ex. Meanwhile, I work my pathetic ass of in a job that causes great anxiety and stress. I'm burning myself up inside in order to make just enough money to not be destitute. I can't afford to have five busted teeth fixed (I was born with rotten teeth). I can't afford to fix the leaky intake gasket on my car. I can't afford to take my cats to the vet if something happens (I was up all night with a sick kitty last night, in fact).

I'm hating life right now. I'm stuck in this deep rut, just like a bowling ball rolling down the gutter.

I'm old and tired. I want to lay down and die. It's that simple.

Hi JD4010

I am so sorry for what you are going through. You soud like such a nice person and someone that should Not be going through so much difficulty. 

I know that if you had the money that you would pay for the best care for your kitty.

I know cause I am that way too. 

I hope you can feel a bit better just to know that someone listened to you heart.

🌻

Man, that’s terrible. Rent utilities work is normal depressive things I go through and it sucks but that massive payment to your ex is just unfair. Why must separation be so messy and so one sided. Makes me regret to even bother getting married sometimes. Our lives just revolve around money that we seem to owe so many and we never get for ourselves. This system is the worst. Life seems so unfair with you having to endure so much pain. 

I hope things get better for you and for your cats too. All you can do is hug them tight. I know it sounds impossible but I hope we can take our mind off all these money issues, there’s nothing good that comes out of it. We are here for you to talk to ((Hugs))

Edited by Depressedgurl007

Hi JD,

I agree with Sober, you are doubtless a better person than she is 😉.  Seriously, any time you help an injured animal, it belongs on the plus side of a ledger somewhere.  No way to say if things will be better or worse, but for a moment appreciate that you're a caring individual, a trait quickly disappearing from the Earth.

Bulga

"just like a bowling ball rolling down the gutter."  too good.

Does your job of 30 years offer dental insurance? Any way they have plans you can purchase separately for like 30$ with a 1000$ benefit. Also sliding scale payments. If one is not fixable then pull it or one that requires a crown etc. 

I tried to turn my bad teeth into good teeth, borrowed money and everything.  Got half of the work they said I needed done. And not 3 months later they all fell out. I haven't tried to go back since if my money is going to waste. What a crock, I mean crook! 

Just now, watalife said:

Does your job of 30 years offer dental insurance? Any way they have plans you can purchase separately for like 30$ with a 1000$ benefit. Also sliding scale payments. If one is not fixable then pull it or one that requires a crown etc. 

I tried to turn my bad teeth into good teeth, borrowed money and everything.  Got half of the work they said I needed done. And not 3 months later they all fell out. I haven't tried to go back since if my money is going to waste. What a crock, I mean crook! 

Sorry Wata,

Wow, your case sounds criminal.  Did you happen to take photos through the process?  I didn't used to, now do always of surgeries, recommended and ongoing procedures, etc.  If your case is as described--not doubting you--and if only three months, then your service provider can be spelled both ways.  If you have any paper trail, please try a lawyer.  What you describe is just too much!

Bulga 

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

I'm sorry that life is such a terrible struggle for you, JD.  You are so good and kind to people here on the Forums.  It is doubly sad that so many things are going so poorly for you.  I wish I knew what to say.  Seems like every day I find insight more and more elusive.  You are under such an unbelievably heavy weight.  I don't think I could cope with 1/100th of what you are enduring.  So very, very sorry JD.   - epictetus

On 8/6/2019 at 9:29 PM, watalife said:

@JD4010 we should have listened to Gordon Gekko in Wall Street when he said "greed is good". Then we could have trained for the highest paying job. And have the best of everything.  

And lost our souls in the process. I dunno. It's a messed up system where we have to pay to play THEIR game. We are owned by bankers.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:05 PM, BeyondWeary said:

So sorry. It is so hard to be stuck in such a awful place. Is there a chance that you can get a better paying job or re-negotiate the payment to your ex? Wish I could help somehow.

BW

Thanks. I can't get a better paying job, at least here where my retirement account exists. Re-negotiating the payment will require hiring a lawyer of course...and they ain't cheap. I dunno.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:06 AM, duck said:

JD another poster was asking if you have dental insurance?   If you can fix your teeth that may make you feel a bit optimistic.

Oops, I missed it...nope, do not have dental insurance. At this point, I don't care what I look like. And I can eat jello the rest of my life.

4 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Oops, I missed it...nope, do not have dental insurance. At this point, I don't care what I look like. And I can eat jello the rest of my life.

Not the best nutrition. 

I hope that you can get out of that mess some how.