Sign in to follow this  
HeathervC

I really need some help Please.

Hello my name is Heather. I have struggled with depression, anxiety and ADD (as well as a thyroid condition) all my life. It runs in my family from both sides. Some that have been diagnosed others that use drugs or alcohol instead of facing reality. I can understand that though, because in the past Mental Illness was something to be "ashamed" of so lots of those in the past generations turned to vices to cope, instead of seeking help they need.

Long story short. Mine is the genetic kind of Depression, where counseling and meds are helpful,  but there is nothing to completely take it away. So the best I can do is keep trying my best. Which I was doing.

Until recently. When physically pain entered the picture. I am more depressed then ever. I fear simple lying down in bed, as lying down, and getting up brings lots of pain.
I have been suffering for the last two weeks from lower back pain. Using the strongest medication the doctors here in the Netherlands can provide. And still with the meds. the pain doesn't ease off.

That's another thing that is stressing me out. The Medical system here in the Netherlands. Not only is it incredibly slow, but they simply don't seem to care. For example. Usually when a person is plagued with pain like this. In the US a person would see a physical therapist 3 or so days a week. Until the pain is gone. Here? I did see a Physical Therapist. One time, and he *did* help, however there was no mention to seeing me again.. except... if I still have pain with in two weeks call again... like HUH?? I am still needing help here why are you telling me to wait two weeks? That is insane.

Its so frustrating and stressful my depression is majorly triggered. Which does not help, of course. I need help, and I feel like no one cares. My mental state is really bad right now. I NEED help. What do I do?

So sorry, Heather. I feel for you in your suffering. I know how frustrating depression can be to live with and you have awful pain on top of it. My heart goes out to you. We are here to support you as best we can. It may take a while to get responses as we all have a lot going on. Keep reading and posting. You are not alone in this. 

BW

Hi Heather.

Dont know the reasons of why you are feeling depressed.

But, first thing to ask, "is this really bad, is this really a reason to feel depressed ?".

You didnt mentioned it in the text, so i dont know if you know the reasons why you feel depressed (besides the physical pain you mentioned).

In short words, "why are you depressed ?"

Then after answer that, "so, i can do something ?".

And maybe not, but "its this really worth to be depressed ?". 

I mean, we all can have problems, some problems are really hard.

Im not  saying you are overreating, cause i dont know your problems, im just saying to you rethink the problems you have and see if are worth to feel depresed.

Then see what you can do, ways to cope.

And, at the end, sometimes theres no way to find a relief, thats a thing you have to know.

Sometimes the things are just the way they are.

And you only can find ways to distract, and feel the best you can.

Tell me what are your thoughts about all this i said...

ARE you freaking KIDDING ME?!!?!? THIS is the HELP you give me!?!?

Jerk if I could STOP my depression THAT easily do you NOT THINK I would?!? Have some compassion! I am seeking out HELP. Not seeking asshole responses from people that couldn't remotely understand. DO Not answer people unless you actually plan to help instead of INSULTING me and asking "Is there really anything to be depressed about"

I am IN PAIN.. both mentally and Physically... That is enough REASON to feel depressed ON top of it.. I *HAVE* severe CLINICAL Genetic Depression.. AND Anxiety... Which Only ADDS to this?

I am having suicidal thoughts right now... LOTS of them. IF I wasn't so strong and NOT acting on it. You're Message basically telling me my feelings or depression is not valid... Sends the message of an UNCARING jerk.

Show Compassion or Don't Help. You will lead people to feeling WORSE. OR Suicide!

Edited by HeathervC

On 8/6/2019 at 7:29 AM, HeathervC said:

ARE you freaking KIDDING ME?!!?!? THIS is the HELP you give me!?!?

Jerk if I could STOP my depression THAT easily do you NOT THINK I would?!? Have some compassion! I am seeking out HELP. Not seeking asshole responses from people that couldn't remotely understand. DO Not answer people unless you actually plan to help instead of INSULTING me and asking "Is there really anything to be depressed about"

I am IN PAIN.. both mentally and Physically... That is enough REASON to feel depressed ON top of it.. I *HAVE* severe CLINICAL Genetic Depression.. AND Anxiety... Which Only ADDS to this?

I am having suicidal thoughts right now... LOTS of them. IF I wasn't so strong and NOT acting on it. You're Message basically telling me my feelings or depression is not valid... Sends the message of an UNCARING jerk.

Show Compassion or Don't Help. You will lead people to feeling WORSE. OR Suicide!

Hi Heather, are you talking with me ?

If yes. Dont know, i just replied you based on what i understand you was saying, i could be wrong, but i didnt want to send you a bad j*rky message. 

It was a message to try to help a person from who the knowledge i have its just 1 parragraf (you).

But i understand, im sure you should cross with jerks over internet and you could think im one of those, as i was thinking theres a lot of people in depression groups that i see they get bother and say "depression" in such a lightly way, i thought you could be one, so i wrote a generic post.

Hello Heather.  I see you've gotten a good welcome in some other threads.

Addressing this thread, I'm gonna be a li'l presumptuous.  If you're uncomfortable with someone, you CAN block them.  If you're on a desktop, just hover over the person's profile pic and a window will come up.   It will show an "ignore user" option that will enable you to block their posts, messages, etc.  And, yes, I use it.

I think in this case there may be some language issues, particularly if someone has difficulty with English.

That being said, I think you're already discovering in other threads that there are quite a few of us with chronic medical conditions that exacerbate our depression.  Please keep posting as much as as often as you're comfortable.

I can relate to this a lot. Physical illness and pain always makes my anxiety and depression much worse.

I wish I understood the medical system in your country so I could be of more help. In the US, doctors are extremely reluctant to give pain meds to anyone except the very elderly. But they will give me muscle relaxers like Tizanidine. It works pretty well for me.