Sign in to follow this  
FerryJerry

Psych was horrible

I have felt hopeless and low since my first psych appointment since we moved, she had no interest in me as a patient or doing any work, she was me for 20mins and most of the 20 mins was badgering me for consent to get access to my old medical records, I tried to tell her that there were issues with confidentiality and she just ignored that and said we will meet again once she gets my old medical records. She was very cold and I don't have many hopes that I will get treatment, my partner wants to put in a complaint and I agreed became yesterday I was physically ill when I was out, I think it was the stress of the appointment. I recorded the appointment on my phone so I let my partner listen to the recording. I feel so low end depleted that I'm not sleeping at night and today not helping because I am waiting for parcels and I don't think they are going to arrive. I got up early waited in and that means the same is going to have to happen tomorrow which suck, I have chores to do and don't feel up to doing them, I barely look after myself anymore and I'm fed up of being alive

I can barely walk properly, sitting and standing is really painful and taking pain meds for them makes me high because they are opiate-based so when I take them you feel high and you can walk for a while but I don't think they help my tummy.

Maybe I will do something today, like go to the beach and just rest 

Sorry you had to see this kind of doctor. Can you find another psych doctor? Sounds like this one needs to go back to school to learn how to deal with people.

Go to the beach, feel the sea breeze, smell the salt air, walk in the cool water and rest.

I know how you feel.. I am in the process of seeking a new therapist and I am terrified of the cold lifeless approach.. find a new one it's not worth feeling like the person could care less.. 

On 8/2/2019 at 6:13 AM, FerryJerry said:

I have felt hopeless and low since my first psych appointment since we moved, she had no interest in me as a patient or doing any work, she was me for 20mins and most of the 20 mins was badgering me for consent to get access to my old medical records, I tried to tell her that there were issues with confidentiality and she just ignored that and said we will meet again once she gets my old medical records. She was very cold and I don't have many hopes that I will get treatment, my partner wants to put in a complaint and I agreed became yesterday I was physically ill when I was out, I think it was the stress of the appointment. I recorded the appointment on my phone so I let my partner listen to the recording. I feel so low end depleted that I'm not sleeping at night and today not helping because I am waiting for parcels and I don't think they are going to arrive. I got up early waited in and that means the same is going to have to happen tomorrow which suck, I have chores to do and don't feel up to doing them, I barely look after myself anymore and I'm fed up of being alive

I can barely walk properly, sitting and standing is really painful and taking pain meds for them makes me high because they are opiate-based so when I take them you feel high and you can walk for a while but I don't think they help my tummy.

Maybe I will do something today, like go to the beach and just rest 

I am in Alberta, Canada and doctors  see all my info because (1) the Government gave them the authority to do that. (2) All our info is on a computer system called Netcare.  

Our Government talks about privacy but that law is to protect the doctors and our Government.  I cannot see my own records.  I have been fighting this issue for one year.