Jump to content
xXxXEntranceScardenXxXx

Idiot dad Thinks It's Easy to Get a Part-Time Job

Recommended Posts

Just a short while ago, I made a post about my situation of living with my brother due to living with my dad.

I can see that, in all likelihood, that is no longer going to be a problem.

Here is exactly what happened. I'm going to list every detail of my stupid dad's 'lecture' and the 'reasons' behind it just to give you an idea of what an unreasonable idiot I'm dealing with. I planned on not taking classes during the summer so that I could look for work. HE had other plans, so obviously, and logically, I took a class just to get him to shut up. Some time into the course, I packed my bags at my Mom's just to head over to my dad's, late in the day due to studying all day, but still having a need to head back over to make it LOOK like I didn't already hate him. Well, I got back at 11 pm, when my dad was already at work, and lord firgive me for passing out, right? Because he woke me up and acted like I was utterly lazy by saying, "Get a job! I'm serious![...] Don't 'yeah', DO it! You're laying in bed, almost ASLEEP. You're 20 years old, you should be able to get a part-time job working 10 to 15 hours a week!" making sure to put emphasis on the last sentence like *I* was the idiot. Well, with all due respect (none), BULLCRAP. I almost do absolutely nothing but apply for work when I'm not studying, and he claims to not be able to read the pictures I send him of emails saying "sorry, we moved on to other applicants". I used to think that there was some mysterious reason behind intelligent and talented people being failed into having to accept manual labor jobs in the United States of America, but now I can see that there are several reasons and that I face only a couple of crippling ones. Because I was in the top 10 percent of my graduating class, took all AP my senior year, and was in Gifted and Talented all throughout grade school, yet in all likelihood, I'm going to have to quit school for the forseeable future, JUST to open my schedule to any job at all, and probably end up being a janitor for the rest of my life because I'm autistic and suck at faking not being so.

 

My actual question is, how can I make sure I'm not going to 'crawl back' to my dad once I move away from him? I'm generally unfamiliar with handling taxes, insurance, and such for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your relationship with your dad reminds me so much of how things were between me and my dad.  Your thoughts and feels are very understandable.  I  wish I had some good advice for you regarding your question, but I can't think of anything at the moment.  If I do think of anything I will share it with you.  Hopefully other members here who are in the same situation will respond to your post and offer something help.  It is really heartbreaking what you are going through!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 8:03 AM, xXxXEntranceScardenXxXx said:

Just a short while ago, I made a post about my situation of living with my brother due to living with my dad.

I can see that, in all likelihood, that is no longer going to be a problem.

Here is exactly what happened. I'm going to list every detail of my stupid dad's 'lecture' and the 'reasons' behind it just to give you an idea of what an unreasonable idiot I'm dealing with. I planned on not taking classes during the summer so that I could look for work. HE had other plans, so obviously, and logically, I took a class just to get him to shut up. Some time into the course, I packed my bags at my Mom's just to head over to my dad's, late in the day due to studying all day, but still having a need to head back over to make it LOOK like I didn't already hate him. Well, I got back at 11 pm, when my dad was already at work, and lord firgive me for passing out, right? Because he woke me up and acted like I was utterly lazy by saying, "Get a job! I'm serious![...] Don't 'yeah', DO it! You're laying in bed, almost ASLEEP. You're 20 years old, you should be able to get a part-time job working 10 to 15 hours a week!" making sure to put emphasis on the last sentence like *I* was the idiot. Well, with all due respect (none), BULLCRAP. I almost do absolutely nothing but apply for work when I'm not studying, and he claims to not be able to read the pictures I send him of emails saying "sorry, we moved on to other applicants". I used to think that there was some mysterious reason behind intelligent and talented people being failed into having to accept manual labor jobs in the United States of America, but now I can see that there are several reasons and that I face only a couple of crippling ones. Because I was in the top 10 percent of my graduating class, took all AP my senior year, and was in Gifted and Talented all throughout grade school, yet in all likelihood, I'm going to have to quit school for the forseeable future, JUST to open my schedule to any job at all, and probably end up being a janitor for the rest of my life because I'm autistic and suck at faking not being so.

 

My actual question is, how can I make sure I'm not going to 'crawl back' to my dad once I move away from him? I'm generally unfamiliar with handling taxes, insurance, and such for the time being.

You sound like your own superhero to me so taxes, insurance and such will be cake.  Go to the library and find a nice lady to help you.  You are correct in putting work as secondary if you can.  Just do school.  If you are living with mom, work around the house, keep mom buttered up.   The mentally ill family... just keep smiling and nodding your head then forget what they said.  Time, and school work will remove you from the situation for good.  

Do I read this correctly, that you get away from brother and dad by moving in with mom?  I'm hoping that 's what this says.  

Edited by Florida_Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 11:14 PM, Florida_Dave said:

You sound like your own superhero to me so taxes, insurance and such will be cake.  Go to the library and find a nice lady to help you.  You are correct in putting work as secondary if you can.  Just do school.  If you are living with mom, work around the house, keep mom buttered up.   The mentally ill family... just keep smiling and nodding your head then forget what they said.  Time, and school work will remove you from the situation for good.  

Do I read this correctly, that you get away from brother and dad by moving in with mom?  I'm hoping that 's what this says.  

Funny thing happened. I was planning to live with my mother for a short while before renting a room of my own once I found a suitable room not too far away, but without me knowing, my Mom told my father I quit school and got a full-time job as a janitor.

 

That's when he realized I was trying to find work. He ended up calling me to say that if looking for a position I could apply for took as long as an amount of time it did every day and therefore distracted me from studying, I didn't really need to. Therefore, I decided to finish my first week of work just to get money for whatever I'd choose to do with later, then sign up for my fall semester. I will be living with him once again, and he may have even removed a reason from my mind for me to hate him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, xXxXEntranceScardenXxXx said:

Funny thing happened. I was planning to live with my mother for a short while before renting a room of my own once I found a suitable room not too far away, but without me knowing, my Mom told my father I quit school and got a full-time job as a janitor.

 

That's when he realized I was trying to find work. He ended up calling me to say that if looking for a position I could apply for took as long as an amount of time it did every day and therefore distracted me from studying, I didn't really need to. Therefore, I decided to finish my first week of work just to get money for whatever I'd choose to do with later, then sign up for my fall semester. I will be living with him once again, and he may have even removed a reason from my mind for me to hate him.

You are being blessed.  Thank you for sharing that great news.  I think I said in my other reply, living with people can be hard but best you can just embrace the good and try to swim over the annoying and bad.  Consider it CEO training.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...