Sign in to follow this  
Z Diggity Dog

How to deal with people losing patience with me?

So ive been working with this customer for about six months and he has always been pretty nice but today he snapped at me. I had sent him an email with a question and he replies back sorta like this:

"NO! And this <blah blah blah> is why!" 

I seem to have issues with people losing patience with me like this throughout my life. Reminds me of my dad who would basically kind of yell at me if I made a mistake and get really angry with me, telling me that I need to pay attention. 

Also reminds me of my mom calling me and yelling at me about a year ago after I let the dog out to go to the bathroom. The dog ran off and she yelled at me and was like "you need to f****** pay attention!!!". 

I can't help but feel belittled by this when people treat me like this. What should I do? 

It sounds like you are sensitive to those kind of experiences. So I would be extra gentle with myself and remind myself that what the person said, says more about them then it does about me. Every person is fighting some kind of battle.

BW

3 minutes ago, BeyondWeary said:

It sounds like you are sensitive to those kind of experiences. So I would be extra gentle with myself and remind myself that what the person said, says more about them then it does about me. Every person is fighting some kind of battle.

BW

Thanks. Do people usually go through this kind of deal and maybe I'm just more sensitive to it? 

I'm sorry this affected you. It seems that  a lot of people with depression/anxiety are super sensitive. I have to remind myself every day that I might not be the only one having a bad day. I agree with BeyondWeary go easy on yourself and it really shows more about the other person.