Natasha1

Favourite Recipe Books

I love "Pasta Sauces" by Charles Bellissino. (500 sauce recipes snd pasta recommendations)

Has a cute little gimmick where you rate each recipe (loved it, we will use it for unwelcome guests, maybe we will try it again, hated it)

Categorized by type:

Sauces made from dried tomators

Sauces made from butter snd oil

Meatless sauces made from cream

Sauces made from cream and meat or seafood

Sauces made from uncooked herbs

Sauces made from nut meats

Sauces made from uncooked tomatoes and vegetables

Meatless sauces made from tomatoes

Sauces made from tomatoes and meat

Sauces made from tomatoes snd vegatables

Sauces made from cheese

Meatless sauces made from vegetables

Sauces made from vegetables and meat

Sauces made from seafood

Sauces made from legumes

Sauces made from legumes snd meat

Sauces made mostly from meat

Sauces made from fowl

Sauces made from fruit and fruit juices

I rely on the internet. That way, you can read all the reviews where people say how they altered the recipe. I have them saved to my Pinterest account too, available wherever I am. The "all recipes" site is the one I use the most. Pinterest itself also has a ton of food hacks and easy recipes.

I used to have a large collection of recipe and instructional books, many of which I picked up when I was in culinary school.  Unfortunately I left most of them behind when I moved a few years ago, and these days I mostly go online for recipes.  I wish I still had them though...some of them are now out of print and had very unique regional recipes.  

I don't cook nearly as much as I used to but it's still something I enjoy, and I've always liked cooking for other people.    

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, evalynn said:

@AloneGuy That is so cool that you went to culinary school. Sometimes I wish I had discovered my love for baking earlier so I could have studied to be a pastry chef. 

Thanks I really enjoyed it.  Illness didn't allow me to make a career of it, but it was great to learn for sure.  I think you would have enjoyed it too.    

Edited by AloneGuy

On 7/20/2019 at 6:33 PM, evalynn said:

I rely on the internet. That way, you can read all the reviews where people say how they altered the recipe. I have them saved to my Pinterest account too, available wherever I am. The "all recipes" site is the one I use the most. Pinterest itself also has a ton of food hacks and easy recipes.

Oh i do this too. Some of my bestest recipes are online

Announcements