"Programming" my brain for happiness

Yeah not so easy when dealing with the ol depressive heap! Yet Its been worling today using my imagination and visualization. I just imagine my life taking a new direction, using the word "happiness" 

I wonder.. I say to myself, what would that look like? What would that feel like? This strange happiness sensation. Ill bet it feels good and free and purposeful. Ill bet it feels positive and excited and gratitude. Then I wonder even more, like a discovery quest.. What would I do if I were happy? Well.. I would probably be enjoying myself, maybe making music, maybe doing a duty that made me proud, perhaps writing and listening and sharing. 

As I do this exercise I begin to ease up, I begin to recollect and open myself to the possibilities of joy and lightheartedness. The hopeless, heartbroke, worrysome one in me takes a leave of abscense, I feel pretty cool with this. Its nice to sweat it out and not think about it.. its nice to be me. Happiness.. what does it mean? What does it feel like? Is it accessible.. now? 

-Blueskys :)

• 6 months later...
On 7/10/2019 at 5:31 PM, blueskys_lemondrops said:

Yeah not so easy when dealing with the ol depressive heap! Yet Its been worling today using my imagination and visualization. I just imagine my life taking a new direction, using the word "happiness" 

I wonder.. I say to myself, what would that look like? What would that feel like? This strange happiness sensation. Ill bet it feels good and free and purposeful. Ill bet it feels positive and excited and gratitude. Then I wonder even more, like a discovery quest.. What would I do if I were happy? Well.. I would probably be enjoying myself, maybe making music, maybe doing a duty that made me proud, perhaps writing and listening and sharing. 

As I do this exercise I begin to ease up, I begin to recollect and open myself to the possibilities of joy and lightheartedness. The hopeless, heartbroke, worrysome one in me takes a leave of abscense, I feel pretty cool with this. Its nice to sweat it out and not think about it.. its nice to be me. Happiness.. what does it mean? What does it feel like? Is it accessible.. now? 

-Blueskys 🙂

I don't know if this is prose or poetry, or what, but I love it.  It's light and nice, and it is accessible.

Edited by gandolfication