I walk 90 minutes every morning so probably 6 miles a day.  It's the only thing I enjoy anymore.  The day I turned 40 I decided all I would do from here on out is cardio.  Nobody cares if I have big muscles or rock hard abs anymore.  

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

I have no motivation on my own. 

Me too. I keep saying I'm going to join Planet Fitness or call the yoga places or use one of the many exercise dvds but I can always find an excuse - the RA flared, my knee hurt, its too hot or cold.

1 hour ago, nojoy said:

Me too. I keep saying I'm going to join Planet Fitness or call the yoga places or use one of the many exercise dvds but I can always find an excuse - the RA flared, my knee hurt, its too hot or cold.

I got a Planet Fitness membership in November of last year when mom was still in the nursing home.  I figured 10 dollars a month why not.  I finally canceled the membership last week.  I never went there to exercise once.

20 minutes ago, nojoy said:

That's what I'm afraid will happen. Especially the one here. It always appears to be a lot of people in there and it is people I try to avoid

I like walking alone in the mornings because I use that time to try to figure out my day.  It's a small space of peace in my day.  I used to go to the gym and there are some very obnoxious people there.  There are lots of normal average people there but some of them are the extreme exercise there all day types that think they are better than everyone else.  I exercise for peace.  When I used to go to the gym I started to make friends there people that expected things from me and that's when I hit the road.