Four years ago I was diagnosed with MDD, Anxiety ,and PTSD. For the last 3 years I have been taking Trintellix. The cost has almost doubled and since I'm on SSDI I can barely afford it even though I have one of their payment assistance cards. I was wondering if anyone has the same experience and does anyone know if Trintellix is available in Canada.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:05 AM, Bflobrn said:

Four years ago I was diagnosed with MDD, Anxiety ,and PTSD. For the last 3 years I have been taking Trintellix. The cost has almost doubled and since I'm on SSDI I can barely afford it even though I have one of their payment assistance cards. I was wondering if anyone has the same experience and does anyone know if Trintellix is available in Canada.

Please @Bflobrn redirect your question to this forum to our Mental health disability benefits (US/UK/CA) insurance, parity, etc.

I do hope you can get some help here!

-Best wishes,

Lindsay

Hi Bflobrn,

I was able to get Trintellix cheaper by signing up for their "tAccess" program available through their website. Before that, even with my insurance, I was looking close to $200 to fill. I had also received coupons from my doctor's office, but those did not do much to reduce the price. With the program it only costs $10 to fill the prescription. You receive a card (you can print it out) to present to the pharmacist.

Topic moved as suggested.

Your doctor's office or some doctors office near you might give out free samples to people that can't afford their meds.  At one point I went a couple of years getting all of my meds for free.