Sign in to follow this  
Shy80

Lamictal (Generic)

I just started on Lamictal less than a week ago. My doctor wants me to take one pill for two weeks and two pills afterwards. She said she's going to keep upping it slowly. I am on one pill at the moment. I was taking Lexapro 10 mg, but it just made me more depressed. Maybe it made me more depressed because I'm grieving for the loss of my mother. I don't know. Lexapro 5mg helped with my anxiety. I had more energy. I was taken off of Lexapro, but she said she might put me back on it. She just has to see. She has me on Lamictal as a mood stabilizer. I have noticed since I have taken it, I hear my mom's voice and have dreams about her every time I go to sleep.She is on my mind because she died two months ago from cancer. I don't mind her in my dreams. I was wondering did anyone else have reoccurring dreams when they started Lamictal?

Hi, I see this is an old topic.  How did you make out with Lamictal? I am going to be starting this tomorrow at 25mg for the first week,  then up to 50mg if I tolerate it well.  Hope you got the help you were looking for! Take care...

On 1/29/2020 at 6:27 PM, justliving said:

Hi, I see this is an old topic.  How did you make out with Lamictal? I am going to be starting this tomorrow at 25mg for the first week,  then up to 50mg if I tolerate it well.  Hope you got the help you were looking for! Take care...

Lamictal has been pretty effective for me when paired with Prozac.

One critical thing to know about it.  The withdrawal from Lamictal is BEYOND DREADFUL.  I withdrew abruptly one time.  I don’t have words.

Let’s put it this way.  A friend of mine in recovery is a recovering heroin addict.  He confirmed for me what I suspected.  He’s withdrawn from both and said that a full-on Lamictal withdrawal is IDENTICAL to a heroin kick.  This shit is not to be taken lightly.  It can be a great med, I just wish that someone had pointed this enormous factor out to me when I started it.  I had no idea & it could very easily gone really, really, super badly.