Sign in to follow this  
George11211

Woke up feeling like I got ran over by a train

Posted (edited)

Man I wake up like this every day. Today it was bad especially. I think its a side effect of one of my medications but I'm trying to figure things out. I have to peel my body out of bed every morning. Coffee gets me through the first 1-2 hours of my day. Then I feel very tired again. Its that kind of serious tired where you know you can't get anything done with no amount of caffeine or willpower. Usually by evening, after eating a few meals throughout the day I feel OK. Then at night the games begin. Try to fall asleep, dead tired but keep waking up and don't actually fall asleep for good until around 4-6 AM and wake up shattered around 10:30-11 every morning. 

The other afternoon I sunk into a deep bout of lethargic depression. It took a lot for me to go on a walk, let alone run, like I normally try to. Running usually helps me feel much better after, but its hard for me to get myself to do it. I'm a long time runner but I'm not competitive or anything. Been trying different vitamin supplements, healthier foods, less coffee, but nothing seems to help with my exhaustion. I've had bouts like this before and got over it. 

I'm usually pretty strong willed inside and its always my mind having to conquer the body. Lately that just hasn't been the case. 

Edited by George11211

Hi George, sorry you are having a hard time of things. Lack of sleep can really mess a person up. My psychiatrist recommend that I try Benadryl for sleep (50-100mg). That has help me and when I sleep better, I feel better. So it is understandable that you are feeling so bad in the day. Hope you can feel better soon. Hang in there.

BW

Hi George,

Like you  I often  have problems falling asleep and staying asleep. And it is very hard to function the next day. I have used guided sleep meditation cds.  And when it doesn't work, I  take Tylenol PM.  

Sounds like me!!

Even the trazadone hasnt helped the last few days...even when i do sleep it dosnt feel like it is doing anything but pass the time...i get up feelin just as tired as the night before!

What is amazing is how easy it is to sleep when you look at the clock and realize the alarm is going to go off soon...grrr

sometimes i take melatonin for sleep (10mg, I weigh about 120 lbs.). it's great.  i might still wake up in the middle of the night (which I've done often for years) but i fall back asleep then without too much trouble.

Yea, some people don't realize just how important having a regular sleep/wake cycle is to the body and your mood. If left unchecked insomnia can destroy you. I'm glad I found a medication that helps me sleep every night.

Maybe try a natural supplement like melatonin like Sleepiest suggested. 

Hey all just checking back in. Its been a while, almost two months. Things have gotten better for me. I've found that I really don't need more then 5 hours a night so theres no point in fighting for more. I've noticed if I sleep more then 6 hours in a night I feel really tired the next day, like I've overslept. That's good and well because I don't much like sleeping. My health has improved. I'm not tired all the time anymore and I don't feel like I"ve gotten hit by a train. Man those were hard days. LIfe isn't easy by any means but it feels good to get my head above the water for once and catch my breath. 

Glad you found how  much sleep you need, I think that's one battle fought against depression. Sleep plays such an important part in being healthy, not just psychically , but also mentally.

I found that I have to have exactly 7 and a half hours of sleep. Not enough sleep and I am a beast, too much and my brain is foggy.