Sign in to follow this  
Resin

Lived too Long

Hello all,

My name is Julie and I am 58 yo. I have had anxiety and depression since a child in the seventies. I have always been  alone. No family , no doctors, no therapists. I was ok for years on Prozac (30- 53) , but it gave me brain fog to the point, I couldn't think. So now I have just started taking Buspar , and it takes a while to kick in, I guess, I am having a terrible time. I don't really want to live anymore, but I also feel guilty, so I can't leave this world yet. It is hard to sleep and so I work all the time. I do not remember the last time I laughed. I keep hoping that sometime the buspar will kick in.

Hi Julie,

I want to welcome you to the Forums.  I am so sorry that you have been struggling so long. Yikes!

Since I am almost 65 years old, your post spoke to me personally. 

Sorry that the Prozac caused brain fog in you and to such an extreme degree.  Never been on Prozac before or Buspar.  I sure hope the Buspar helps you and that it starts helping soon.  Waiting for a medication to help can be an indescribable agony.  Ugh.

Thank you for posting what you did.  It sure helps me feel less alone and isolated with my own personal anguish and pain.  I've been on the Forums for many years now and so many people have told me that posts like yours have not only helped them but have kept them going and have literally saved their lives.  So I and we are all profoundly, profoundly grateful to you.  I just hope we can be helpful to you too.

Depression and anxiety are just brutal beyond the power of words to convey.  My heart goes out to you ! ! !    Thank you again for posting ! ! !

- epictetus

Welcome, Julie to our awesome forum family.

We are here to help.

Our goal is to not leave anyone behind in their dark, dangerous, depression cave.

I can't comment on antidepressants because I never used them.

I firmly believe that if we are clever with powerful metaphors then depression becomes manageable.

There is no need to be lost and trapped within oneself.

Make yourself at home here and check out some other posts.

Oscar

Welcome aboard, Julie. Nice to meet you. I’m glad you’re here and I appreciate your willingness connect with us.

I’m sorry to hear about your struggles. I know it’s not easy to go through anxiety and depression. They’re very complex issues that deserves personal and in-depth attention. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will provide the strength and help you need at this time. Do you have a support group nearby? Please know that you can always come here to share, and we’re all here to listen and support you. Take good care of yourself and stay strong. Sending prayers & hugs your way! 

Welcome Julie! Glad that you reached out to us. Are you able to see a therapist? I have heard that some are available on line. Also 50-100 mg of Benadryl should help you sleep in my experience. Hang in there. We are here for you. You are not alone in this.

BW