This is just a ramble. No responses are required - but feel free to if you like. 🙂

It’s very painful to feel tossed aside. And I’ve felt it many times by family, friends, and significant others. But it just occurred to me that my recent ex-employer also tossed me aside.

It was a small company. A very tight-knit group. Lots of opportunities for growth and promotion. Until... the company was bought out.

There was absolutely no consideration to many of the people that helped build the company into a profitable business. And the layers of management between myself and executives literally quadrupled. Again, with no consideration to offering me (or other key employees) a chance at promotion. So... I quit. And now I started a new job where I am once again the low man on the totem pole. At 45 years old, this situation is really causing my depression to show it’s ugly face.

Don’t get me wrong. I know what I’m worth. I was at my old company for 6 years. And in the first 3 of those years I created over $500,000 in new revenue and operating reductions. To be abandoned and tossed aside like that is really difficult to handle. And starting over at 45 with no clear outlook of my future is equally difficult to swallow.

I just want to say that the world can suck it! Lol and that makes me feel a little better. 🙂

Stan:

The world can suck.  And the business world can be ruthless and inconsiderate.  You contributed so much and then were cast aside.  

I hope venting helps a little.  You have a legitimate gripe. 

Tim

1 hour ago, Stan Islavski said:

This is just a ramble. No responses are required - but feel free to if you like. 🙂

It’s very painful to feel tossed aside. And I’ve felt it many times by family, friends, and significant others. But it just occurred to me that my recent ex-employer also tossed me aside.

It was a small company. A very tight-knit group. Lots of opportunities for growth and promotion. Until... the company was bought out.

There was absolutely no consideration to many of the people that helped build the company into a profitable business. And the layers of management between myself and executives literally quadrupled. Again, with no consideration to offering me (or other key employees) a chance at promotion. So... I quit. And now I started a new job where I am once again the low man on the totem pole. At 45 years old, this situation is really causing my depression to show it’s ugly face.

Don’t get me wrong. I know what I’m worth. I was at my old company for 6 years. And in the first 3 of those years I created over $500,000 in new revenue and operating reductions. To be abandoned and tossed aside like that is really difficult to handle. And starting over at 45 with no clear outlook of my future is equally difficult to swallow.

I just want to say that the world can suck it! Lol and that makes me feel a little better. 🙂

It's very sad and frustrating that businesses work this way. Loyalty and rewards are often touted as built into the system, but they rarely feature in the lives of employees. I'm sorry to hear what you're dealing with.

4 hours ago, Stan Islavski said:

just want to say that the world can suck it! Lol and that makes me feel a little better. 🙂

Sorry you hear about this, my friend.

I don't know about the whole world, but Corporate/Criminal Amerika can DEFINITELY suck it!