Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Michael

Remeron and Alcohol

Recommended Posts

On 5/29/2019 at 8:38 AM, John Michael said:

I'm not taking the drug myself but what has your experience been with taking Remeron and drinking alcohol?   

My advice is don't. It beats the hell out of your liver. I probably did drink while taking Remeron, but I drank all the time anyway. I quit drinking over a year ago; best move I've ever made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I shouldn’t say this, but I don’t give a ffck

I was and still am on mirtazipine(same as remeron, on small doses though nowadays, insomnia).

I drink whenever I goddam want to. If it finishes me, so what?

As far as I am concerned, good riddance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, samadhiSheol said:

I know I shouldn’t say this, but I don’t give a ffck

I was and still am on mirtazipine(same as remeron, on small doses though nowadays, insomnia).

I drink whenever I goddam want to. If it finishes me, so what?

As far as I am concerned, good riddance.

Not saying anyoneElse should do this though. DON’T .

Life is meaningless unless it is meaningful. mine isn’t and never will be. 

The universe doesn’t care if I live or die. Why should I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, John Michael said:

I'm not taking the drug myself but what has your experience been with taking Remeron and drinking alcohol?   

 

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

My advice is don't. It beats the hell out of your liver. I probably did drink while taking Remeron, but I drank all the time anyway. I quit drinking over a year ago; best move I've ever made.

 

1 hour ago, Tim 52 said:

Just for the sake of one's liver, I wouldn't mix alcohol with any of psychotropic drugs.   I know, bummer. 

Sorry, I had no intention of hijacking this thread. The guys above pretty much said it all.

Years back when I was on 40+mg mirtazipine I had a few drinks more than usual(read: I went totally overboard). 

I lost control completely. I lost control of my arms and legs and for 5 minutes or so I was completely disorientated, not knowing where or even who I was.

I have been p issed before but this was something else entirely.

Since then I just don’t take my dose of mirtazipine if I happen to drink more(than I should).

Bottom line: not advisable.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

samadhsheol

Hey it's all cool.  I took your posts as sharing out of the frustration with life in general.  I get that.  Really.  

Like your Living to Late quote from the Fall, 

Tim 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...