franken

Klonipin low dose how long can i be on it

Severe anxiety and OCD after accidentally consuming too much THC edibles. Landed in ER.

Prescribed Lexapro, but till that kicks in I have .5mg of Klonipin to take.  If I don't take it I am so anxious I am non-functional. If I do I am roughly fine. have been taking it for 10+ days, but am trying to keep to 0.25mg which seems to work.  I'll taper even further, but worried I can become dependent.

Let me know what you think thanks.

franken

Everybody's body chemistry is different and I'm certainly not a medical professional.  But  0.25 klonopin is a low dose.   Many of us have been on and off klonopin through the years.  You can taper very slowly off .5 or .25 as needed and when needed.  Again, not a doctor, but based on my personal experience. 

I took klonipin, 0.5 mg, twice a day for several months and had no problems with dependency. I stopped cold turkey because my new doc wouldn't order a refill for some reason. Other than my anxiety ramping back up to 11 I was ok. On BusPar now, and that's working pretty good for me.

Anywho, in my experience dependency wasn't a problem. I didn't even get a high or anything from it. Have you done any research into klonipin dependency? I think you would need to either use it for a very long time, or abuse it, to become dependent.  

At alevel of 0.25 mg I can go on and off as required, thus it helps my anxiety, and lets me function. At 0.5 mg, three times a day,  i was addicted and suffered some headaches and nauseaugetting back to 0.25 mg.

stay as low as you can, but its a magical pill when anxiety goes high, so use it but dont overuse it

15 hours ago, franken said:

Severe anxiety and OCD after accidentally consuming too much THC edibles. Landed in ER.

Prescribed Lexapro, but till that kicks in I have .5mg of Klonipin to take.  If I don't take it I am so anxious I am non-functional. If I do I am roughly fine. have been taking it for 10+ days, but am trying to keep to 0.25mg which seems to work.  I'll taper even further, but worried I can become dependent.

Hey, I hope it's ok to ask, but why Lexapro? If your problem's from THC, I would have thought it'll go away on its own after a while. Lexapro seems a bit drastic, and it isn't really anti-anxiety per.se. It's an anti-depressant. Klonopin could be addictive, but you're being responsible, so I don't think you'll have a problem. I think what you're aiming for would be to get the anxiety and OCD under control so you can stop taking medication, but I can't really give you actual instructions or advice, since I'm not a doctor. Just take it easy, be firm with your doctor if you think the meds are giving you trouble, and maybe go easy on the THC in the future.

All the best! Keep us updated!

15 hours ago, franken said:

I am on 0.5 mg every night.  I do not worry about such low dosages.  

Hello,

There are many that can tolerate 0.5 mg easily and stop it on a dime with no problem and others that become dependent on it. 

Your Mileage May Vary, (YMMV).

Everyone is so different as you can see above.  I can take it or leave it.  It's been 15 years on and off. 

Best of luck to you,

-Lindsay