Charlee

Is fighting or accepting the way to move on?

How do you move on from depression and "recover"? Will it always be apart of my life? I dont want to be depressed anymore, I dont want it to hinder my life, I dont want to be staying home everyday and missing out on career opportunities and friend/relationship opportunities because of my best pal depression. So how do you get better? or even start to get better? Do you try to fight him, or accept him? But what does accepting him mean? Letting depression in and completely rule your life? Is that the only way to move on? I guess he completely rules my life now anyway, but what about fighting him? is that ignoring him and pretending he's not there? or, idk. I just want to get better and move on, I dont want anymore relapses, but I always do, depression always finds me and welcomes me back with open arms, maybe he's just to comforting, do you guys feel that too? I just wish I wasn't depressed and that his black spidering hands never found me 😢

Accepting my depression, is accepting that I have a illness to live with at least for now. Yet I don't need to let that illness control my life. I have learned things that can help me. I do one day or moment at a time. Sometimes it gets to me yet my God helps me get back in balance. It is awfully hard to live with and part of that is that other "normal" people don't understand. I hope you find a way that helps you to cope and find some good things in life.

BW

Somethings you fight (the ones you want and need).  The things that hurt you, move on. 

21 hours ago, JessiesMom said:

I think there is a middle ground. We should accept that we have a disease called depression, but fight to not let that disease win.

There is.