Most Useless Products of All Time

11 hours ago, SqueezeWax said:

Any of Olay’s and other cosmetic companies snake oil ‘anti-aging’ products. 

I can't remember the brand, but I once saw something that was supposed to work because it had diamond dust in it, (even though diamonds are, themselves, not rare gems at all and have been inflated in price by jewellers partly because of the engagement ring industry.) The 'serum' was about $500 too.

12 hours ago, JessiesMom said:

I was thinking about oblivion horse armor.

I don't have much money, but I miss the days when if I did pre-order a special edition as a treat, it was something nice. Ah well. This is the age of virtual loot boxes, I guess :/

I wouldn’t say its worthless, but buying anything on 180 gram vinyl is a waste of money. You could buy the CD and it costs half as much (if not for pennies depending on the album), sounds exactly the same, and isn’t as likely to get scratched and damaged. They’re not as resilient as records pressed 50 years ago. I have albums from the 60s bought for 25 cents at thrift stores that play perfectly despite being covered with scratches, dust and fingerprints.

31 minutes ago, Hidiety said:

I've seen luxury cars that have miniature windshield wipers on the headlights. I don't know who is taking their Lexus sedan mudding but I don't think the wipers would be very helpful.

That peaked my curiosity. Apparently in wet conditions dirty water will evaporate on headlights and the dirt will reduce the light output, guess over time this could be significant if someone doesn't wash their car in a long time. The other scenario is snow which makes sense since that can greatly affect the lights in a short amount of time. 

Waffle batter dispenser. If you own a waffle iron it won't have escaped your notice there's an outline inside, so you won't be deeply troubled by how much batter to use.

Tools you might use for dispensing waffle batter? An instrument know as a ladle or another clever invention called a spoon. If these confuse you, try holding on to the long end (called a handle) rather than the rounded end. Then collect the batter with a scooping motion. I've had good success with this method. 

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I get calls all the time for the person that used to have my phone number.

When my ex left, I kept our landline phone number which then became my mobile number. I thought "how clever, I dont have to change phone numbers". Yeah I still get calls and texts meant for her - 12 years later.