Sign in to follow this  
sad in grand Rapids

Meds screwing me up

I think i need to check in to mental hospital at a major university teaching hospital to detox off meds and start over. I just feel so physically unwell and no believes me that my meds are poisoning me. I feel so sick and my body feels hot all the time. 

I'm afraid to tell my boss i need to leave for a while again. I just have to do something because i can't take it anymore. 

I'm not sleeping well 6 hours a night. 

I really do appreciate all the kind words every one has said. 

Today i felt so out barley able to talk at times. 

I still to scared to ask for time off to get help although i would need to find out what sort of help and where.

David 

Are you worried that you might lose your job or just feeling self-concious about the reason? Think of it this way - if you had cancer and needed treatment for it, would there be a question? You need to take care of yourself.

I think at some point you have to take my route and just quit taking medication.  The hospital will take the meds away and give you others just like them.  You'll probably feel good there and once you get out it will be the same story again.  Health care has completely failed you like they did with me.  Going their route will probably never work for you.  You can be strung along and play their sick game forever or jump ship and get away from them.

I agree but i can't just go cold turkey as it could be dangerous. I tried before and it didn't work out. If i don't take my sequel i won't sleep period. I'm to scared to just stop because of withdrawals.

I thought i was doing the right thing going back to a psychiatrist but I'm worse off than i was before. 

I wonder if i could go some were to detox off the meds and not start new ones because I'm terrified of withdrawal symptoms. 

Going though all this has made me very neurotic which i hate. 

David

Hi Sad in grand Rapids, by reading your post it sounds like something is not right. It might be that your body has a reaction to your meds or something else is wrong. I would definitely go see a doctor if I felt the way you described. 

I have also tried to stop my meds all at once one time but I would not recommend that at all. At the moment I am tapering off my meds very slowly. Like over the past 6 months little by little. But it would be better to do it with doctor supervision especially if you don't feel well, as you have stated.

I hope you get the right help soon. Take care ☺

23 hours ago, sad in grand Rapids said:

I agree but i can't just go cold turkey as it could be dangerous. I tried before and it didn't work out. If i don't take my sequel i won't sleep period. I'm to scared to just stop because of withdrawals.

I thought i was doing the right thing going back to a psychiatrist but I'm worse off than i was before. 

I wonder if i could go some were to detox off the meds and not start new ones because I'm terrified of withdrawal symptoms. 

Going though all this has made me very neurotic which i hate. 

David

I know I couldn't quit cold turkey.  I had to taper.  There was no other way.  No you won't be able to sleep without it now.  I thought I needed it to sleep as well.  I was wrong.  It took forever to be able to sleep on my own again but I had to do it.  Like you going to a psychiatrist made me tons worse.  It almost killed me so I had to do something else.  It's very unlikely now that you have a bipolar diagnosis that they will take you off all meds and then just let you go home without being on any medication.  There is no easy way moving forward.  I know from experience but at a point you start to realize these people are never going to have my best interest at heart.  They don't even seem to care what you want in the situation and it's about you.  It's unacceptable to just continue to go on miserable like you are just because they say it's what you should do.  It's your life.