Tim 52

just starting vilbryd

I'm just starting vilbryd.  I've been suffering from treatment resistant depression since last August.  Oh, what a long haul.  I'm moving from prisitq to vilbryd.  Wish me luck 🙂

I wish you luck!!  If you don’t mind me asking how many milligrams of Viibryd are you starting on?   Medications affect everyone differently the Viibryd gave me considerable energy but also dizzy I had it and nauseous.    I am currently down to 5 mg (  Half of the 10 mg pill )  as anything above that was keeping me awake at night and also making me anxious. It does not mean the medication won’t work great for you and very well-may. If you have any of the common side effects I suggest you try to tough them out for at least a week or two because the medication can really be a big help if you’re looking for some motivation and a change in your overall mood for the better. If you have any questions please feel free to message me or ask me here I’m glad to help.

Good luck! I had good results with Viibryd once I hit the target dose of 40 mg, but it was short-lived. It pooped out on me. I hope it is a successful medicine for you.

I just took my first dose of viibryd.  The side effect profile is a bit daunting.  But I'm willing to give it a try.   

On 5/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, jayb1233 said:

I wish you luck!!  If you don’t mind me asking how many milligrams of Viibryd are you starting on?   Medications affect everyone differently the Viibryd gave me considerable energy but also dizzy I had it and nauseous.    I am currently down to 5 mg (  Half of the 10 mg pill )  as anything above that was keeping me awake at night and also making me anxious. It does not mean the medication won’t work great for you and very well-may. If you have any of the common side effects I suggest you try to tough them out for at least a week or two because the medication can really be a big help if you’re looking for some motivation and a change in your overall mood for the better. If you have any questions please feel free to message me or ask me here I’m glad to help.

Jay:

Starting at 10 mg.  Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.

Hi Tim...I'm in the same exact boat as you. Moving from Pristiq to Viibryd...on week 1 now.  So far no side effects other than slight stomach upset, but very minor. I'm hopeful this is *the one* for both you and me!

Tim 52,

Just wondered how you’re doing on the Vibryd. I’ve been on it for just over 2 weeks (started at 5mg then 10mg). I saw my psychiatrist today and he said to increase slowly to 15mg then 20mg. I had some mild nausea and headaches but had headaches before starting so not sure if it’s from the Vibryd. I also have “treatment resistant” depression so really hoping this might help. My anxiety is pretty bad too, 

Hope you’re doing ok.