Sign in to follow this  
Ljj71400

How do you forgive yourself when you have OCD?

Hello Depression Forums, I am going through a really hard time. I struggle with OCD and general feelings of anxiety. I am dealing with severe feelings of guilt and regret. I feel like no matter what I do, I'll never be able to forgive myself and move forward with my life. I have tried to journal, write my thoughts down, analyzed my thoughts, pray, and search for solutions on the internet. I am doing what I can to get over these feelings but they aren't going away. I feel regret over the past. Every single day, I wish I could change the past. I am DESPERATE for relief.

Since I have OCD, I have different thoughts that bother me. Even when something stops bothering me, something else keeps popping up to make me miserable. I want to stop suffering really bad. These thoughts are making me really depressed. I am going through a very DARK phase right now.

I am suffering from real-event OCD. I have been analyzing my thoughts over and over. I want relief ASAP. I haven't been able to concentrate or focus the same way. I stayed in my room because I've been tormented by my thoughts.

Hello,

I am sorry you are going through this right now, I know OCD can be hell but there are ways to make you feel better. First of all I recommend seeking for therapy, if you aren't currently doing so. I can relate to what you said, having OCD and having done some stupid things when I was younger certainly haunted me. Disclosing to someone the stupid things we regret might help, it help to me talking to my therapist and telling all the things I regret. Now with OCD you can't analyze the thought that will only get things worse, what you need is to let the thoughts flow, not analyzing them just let them pass through, don't fight them!! The more you stay with the thought, as if you where observing, the less anxiety will cause you. Treat them as just thoughts or mental garbage.

We all had sin, the thing is to forgive yourself for whatever you made, there is no unforgivable sin even the worst among us can redeem our selfs and be forgiven.

2 hours ago, SpeSalvi said:

Hello,

I am sorry you are going through this right now, I know OCD can be hell but there are ways to make you feel better. First of all I recommend seeking for therapy, if you aren't currently doing so. I can relate to what you said, having OCD and having done some stupid things when I was younger certainly haunted me. Disclosing to someone the stupid things we regret might help, it help to me talking to my therapist and telling all the things I regret. Now with OCD you can't analyze the thought that will only get things worse, what you need is to let the thoughts flow, not analyzing them just let them pass through, don't fight them!! The more you stay with the thought, as if you where observing, the less anxiety will cause you. Treat them as just thoughts or mental garbage.

We all had sin, the thing is to forgive yourself for whatever you made, there is no unforgivable sin even the worst among us can redeem our selfs and be forgiven.

Thank you for replying to this.

My OCD has definitely worsened over these past few weeks and I am feeling like I'm going through a downward spiral. I am definitely going to seek therapy. This is a MUST for me at this point. I've been suffering from anxiety and other mental health challenges for longer than warranted. I just want the peace of mind that I desperately seek every single day. I am in a constant war with my mind.

Thank you for the OCD advice of observing my thoughts. I will try to utilize this information to the best of my ability.

I will probably spend more time on this site since I've been going mental hell these past few weeks.

Thank you for replying.