Sign in to follow this  
FerryJerry

Very exhausted

I spent ages yesterday doing the chores and then cat sitting and every waking hour I have to cat sit to keep the new kitten safe from the other cats at they hiss and growl at her and at night we have to separate them 

I said to my partner I didn’t think getting another cat was a good idea, but it so happens I have really taken to the new kitten and love her dearly but what’s difficult is the fact that the older cat won’t even go near her so they won’t eat or drink or use the litter tray in the living room despite the door being closed and no kitten in that room, now good old honey dearest wants to put a litter tray, food and water in the bedroom and obviously the cats come first but it’s gonna smell bad after they poop

I am finding it all exhausting and stressful, I crashed out at 11 last night and only just woke up then smashed my head on the door on the way to the bathroom, when I enter the bathroom the cats always are very vocal and try to get under the door as they want to get in to the bathroom for some reason. Last night I kept having nightmares too

So sorry this has been happening to you. Seems like a bad domino affect, as the situation has only gotten worse. Sucks to know about the now ongoing compatible issues between the older cat and the kitten. That's always a tough one- just try and hang in there. Separation at this rate seems like that's the only thing valid for them. Compatibility is not easy for some cats that don't get along with new members in the household.

I sure hope you've been sleeping alright and I wish the best. Surely, things will lighten up sooner or later. Good thing your kitties can rely on you to take care of them :) Take it easy there, Jerry.