Sign in to follow this  
solomannn

how do i have eating disorder

i just go to kitchen i see my moms made some snacks i love i just eat it any time
actually the problem started because some evangelist said that "even if you fry a fish and add salt in it its tasty" he also used to make jokes on bodybuilders and used to say that his son is fat but its still OK and i believed those things like chicken pieces from refrigerator directly without cooking or even boiling it i eat even at night 

reason why my weight is from 60 to 85 kg's

i love food like chicken eggs beans type of food and all tasty kind of food and in India we use spices and my mom makes kind of best food

more over i procrastinate to exercise and go for walk or im lazy for it

i think excessive eating will lead me to other physical diseases too
as well i have mental illness

Posted (edited)

Some months ago I started binge eating as a coping mechanism to my depression. I put on about 2 stone. I tried several times to break out of the bingeing cycle, but somehow I'd always hit a low point and turn to food to distract me from it. 

The only way I managed to get out was to eat intuitively. I don't restrict any foods. I just wait until I am hungry to eat, and then stop eating when I'm full. It was hard at first because I needed to find a new coping mechanism. But 1 month in I've managed to lose a stone. Need to lose another stone now to get back to normal. It's a hard diet to follow at first because you're brain is programmed to think of food when you're bored or tired or depressed. But once it becomes a habit to associate food with hunger, it becomes really easy to follow. And you find you don't get as many cravings either. gd luck :) I've been there and it's so so hard to get out. 

Edited by Soarsie18

Hi solomann,

I also tend to crave food and over eat.  I try to exercise every day but it is difficult for me.   I am from the United States but like food from India, especially curry flavored foods.    - epictetus

I had my last child almost a year ago and even while pregnant I was very disciplined but the last couple of months I been working at home and all I do is eat. I feel like if I don’t my depression gets worse. I know it’s a mind thing and hopefully I can get it under control.

I think this is very relatable. What usually helps is filling on low cal options, keeping busy, and doing physical things as often as possible. 

I have an eating disorder caused by the people around me.  I have no choice but to continue it.  It doesn't matter if I'm hungry.  It doesn't matter what is going on with me or what is going on in my life.  I have to continue it and go to any drastic lengths I have to to make sure it continues.  There is no other way.