Sign in to follow this  

Hi

I have at times in the past become fixated on celebs and then felt like i was actually aching over the fact i would never even be anywhere near them.

However it has been a year or so since this.. but more and more recently, its happening with people who i actually know, not well but like people at uni that i say hello to or at work. Fantasizing and thinking about them takes up every hour of waking and my dreams! 

I feel weird and really alone, does anyone get this???

Hi Steak47

I've experienced both of the things you mention.  I can't count the number of people who have told me that they experience this too.   People here and people I have met from all over the world have told me that they experience this.   The brain is so mysterious and seems to have a mind of its own. 

I wish I had some wisdom to offer you, but sadly I am at a loss.  I've experienced what you mention for most of my life and I am 64 years old.  Sorry I do not have any helpful advice to offer you.  I hope you get many responses to you post.  My heart goes out to you ! ! !    - epictetus

On 4/28/2019 at 4:29 AM, Steak47 said:

Hi

I have at times in the past become fixated on celebs and then felt like i was actually aching over the fact i would never even be anywhere near them.

However it has been a year or so since this.. but more and more recently, its happening with people who i actually know, not well but like people at uni that i say hello to or at work. Fantasizing and thinking about them takes up every hour of waking and my dreams! 

I feel weird and really alone, does anyone get this???

Yes, it definitely happens to me with celebrities and there's already a thread about it: https://www.depressionforums.org/forums/topic/150729-celebrity-obsession-help-or-support-2/