Sign in to follow this  
jayb1233

Paxil to Viibryd

My psychiatrist recently started me on Viibryd.  Currently, I am taking 20 mg (half my normal dose) of Paxil an 5 mg of Viibryd.  It has only been two days so I have not really "felt anything different" but I am somewhat concerned after reading several of the posts I've seen here in the forums.

I am looking for some success stories.  Whether you transitioned from Paxil or any other medication or if Viibryd was the medication you were initially started on, I am anxious to hear a little more good about the medication.  I also take Xanax 1 mg twice a day for anxiety, Topamax 25 mg once a day to curb weight gain.

Any thoughts or stories are welcome.  Good or bad.  I am just trying to hear first hand some more information about this medication.  It seems so many have experienced negative side effects, I am concerned.  Wishing you all well, and thanking you for any response in advance. -- Jay B.

Hi Jay, I just started 2 days ago myself. I've tried just about every med on the market with very, very limited success. Only one that really helped me was Paxil, and that was 20 years ago and I had to stop from sexual side effects. I am optimistic this one kicks in. Don't be too discouraged by negative reviews. These meds all work so differently for all of us. Most side effects I see are nausea, diarrhea,  and sleeplessness that subsides within a week or so. So far the sleeping has been my issue. But I am slowly moving the time I take it back to first thing in the am. Hoping this helps. Good luck to you!

P.S. I go to drugs.com and filter by positive reviews just to help myself see that there are some awesome success stories out there!