Sign in to follow this  
Hobo market

Maybe it's my bipolar depression

I have schizo affective bipolar. The only problem that I cannot manage is the depression which is causing me to sleep 11 hours a day. I am not thinking negative thoughts most of time. The hypersomnia is just annoying. I am considering getting doc to boast my trileptal but that might be only a temporary fix. If I force my self to get up earlier because of an appointment I still feel like staying in bed. Does anybody have idea on how to stop the hypersomnia depression without increasing meds.

I used to take the meds for your diagnosis and the meds made me do nothing but eat and sleep.  Is it depression or is your meds knocking you out like they did for me?

From what I gathered the trilepal was actually activating me temporally since it seemed like it stopped my depression so I would need normal amounts of sleep.

Or maybe it's Maybeline! Ehem, in all seriousness, taking or decreasing medication to decrease hypersomnia hasn't helped me. However, drinking caffeine before sleep does work. I wouldn't recommend it if you need deep sleep, but drinking a can of classic Coca-Cola really wakes you up after a few hours.