Sign in to follow this  
Lareessahhh

New to Wellbutrin XL

I’ve been taking Wellbutrin xl generic 150mg for about 3 weeks now. I notice that I’ll have periods of time during the day where my face is flushed and warm. This doesn’t happen consistently but rather on and off throughout the day (primarily while I’m at work right between 12-2). I had one incident where my blood pressure got crazy high (180/90) which is far from my typical (120/70). I was on an antibiotic at that time and I had t eaten that day because I had no appetite, once I ate I started to feel more normal. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced something like this and can I expect it to go away? I called my doctors office that day and they told me to keep taking the Wellbutrin as they suspect the antibiotic was the cause of the bad reaction. 

Edited by Lareessahhh

Yes, that happened to me, I had actually forgotten about it. My face would get so hot and red and I also felt panicky.

I got the worst rash all over my neck but it all passed after about 3 weeks so I'm glad I kept taking it as it's been the only med that doesn't make me feel like a zombie.

Been on Wellbutrin for 9 years and it's literally saved my life.

Hopefully, those side effects will pass for you but I know how worrying they can be.

Good luck.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:09 PM, Aggi said:

Yes, that happened to me, I had actually forgotten about it. My face would get so hot and red and I also felt panicky.

I got the worst rash all over my neck but it all passed after about 3 weeks so I'm glad I kept taking it as it's been the only med that doesn't make me feel like a zombie.

Been on Wellbutrin for 9 years and it's literally saved my life.

Hopefully, those side effects will pass for you but I know how worrying they can be.

Good luck.

Thank you! I’m feeling so much better now. I think I finally adjusted to the end and it’s helping!