Cygnet

I've lost my house

I had a house in the countryside but because it was in a state of disrepair I lost it. I miss it a lot. I can't get rid of my homesickness. My depression contributed to the neglect of the house.

I've turned to extreme dieting as a way to cope with my torment. It's alright where I am now but it's not ideal. I still have dreams that I'm in my old house. I want to die but I'm too scared to commit suicide.

That sounds like a really tough situation. I wonder if what you are really missing is the control and independence that having your house gave you. I can imagine that having the house taken away from you (I am inferring this) would make you feel totally out of control of your own life and destiny. You have, in many ways, been set adrift from everything that you thought you would always have - and that can be terrifying. 

I worry, however, about your dieting. Extreme dieting can be a way to try to take control of a situation in which you feel out of control. But it can take over your life. Have you tried taking to a therapist about what is going on? You clearly need to feel that you are back in control of your life - but the dieting is not a long term solution. 

Thank you for your reply, JessiesMom. I miss the countryside. I lived there all my life. I did have some control and independence when I had the house because I didn't have to worry about rent as I owned the property.

7 hours ago, Cygnet said:

I'm struggling to stick to my extreme diet and have eaten too much but I will keep trying. Thanks TopekaK and JD4010 for your replies.

Just be careful. I don't want you to wind up in the hospital.

I've got the same problem.Sold my old home of 29 years.Bought a much nicer home but miss the old one.Time will heal it.We keep nothing.

7 hours ago, Cygnet said:

I'm very depressed. I can hardly move. How are you?

Sorry to hear that it has been difficult for you. Is there something that you enjoy doing to take your mind off things for a while? For me, I love painting and I have been experimenting with all kinds of paints:)

On 4/26/2019 at 8:12 PM, Cygnet said:

I'm very depressed. I can hardly move. How are you?

I'm sorry you feel so bad, but I hope that if you focus on the bird feeder and puzzle books, you will feel a bit better.