Iv never been on a forum before so thought I’d give it a try. I don’t really know what I’m looking for tbh. Iv been depressed for over a year now but only recently been to the doctors (3 months ago) and was put on 100mg of sertraline a day . Still having more bad days then good I think. But thinking I need to trust the process? Need to start more self help I’m really lazy with it at the minute just find it hard to get motivated. Thank you. 

Welcome new friend to our forum family.

I am sure you will find support and meaningful insights.

We try to help each other as best we can.

Check out some other posts and make yourself at home here.

Oscar 

Hello, 

I am new as well. I have been with my husband since I was 16 and we have our ups and downs. He is a great guy, but we have lost connection. Anytime I say anything, he sais that we wouldn't have an issue if I would just stop talking about it. I'm really ready to just quit. My children also disrespect me and I feel I'm more of a bank than a wife and mom. 

Welcome @DanS,

I hope you find the support and help you need here on these forums. Thank you for reaching out to us- as I hope you feel as open and comfortable as you can while discussing your problems and worries :smile:

Never be afraid to reach out and post, there's always someone here to help! Also, feel free to read other posts you could possibly relate to. We help, listen, and support each other the best we can.

I hope all goes well for you!

1 minute ago, Momofteens said:

Hello, 

I am new as well. I have been with my husband since I was 16 and we have our ups and downs. He is a great guy, but we have lost connection. Anytime I say anything, he sais that we wouldn't have an issue if I would just stop talking about it. I'm really ready to just quit. My children also disrespect me and I feel I'm more of a bank than a wife and mom. 

I'm sorry to hear this. Warm welcome to the forums--

Theres nothing wrong with quitting or starting anew. Is this something that has been going on for a while? This lost connection?

As for your kids, that can really add on a lot. Do they treat your husband the same way?

If you have tried reaching out to your husband or tried telling him about how you feel and if he has kept pushing it away, I would say it wouldn't hurt to look into moving on. You're supposed to feel like a mother- someone who's raising lives and living life the best they can while supporting your family. You shouldn't feel like a bank.

I have a lot of feelings towards moms- as I am a child of a single mom who raised me and my siblings by herself since we were born. I know you try and I know it can be hard.

Like I said, if this has been an ongoing issue for a while, there's nothing wrong in looking for an apartment and moving away. You have the right to start anew. It's one thing if its your husband- but your kids? That's harsh.

Do what you feel is best for you. Do what makes you happy- you deserve it.

Welcome @DanS!  I was on 100mg of sertraline last year and it did not work for me.  If you've been on it for 3 months and are still having more bad days than good, I think you should talk to your doctor. It could be that your dose needs adjusting or this isn't the right med for you.

Welcome DanS! Glad you found us. Sorry that you are struggling. Yes, trust the process and do one step at a time. You are not alone in this. 

BW