Sign in to follow this  
Z Diggity Dog

Argument with my cousin

Wanted to get yalls opinion on this. 

A couple of years ago my cousin and I got into an argument and we worked it out. Had to do with the fact that I was depressed and told him but felt like he wasn't really there for me. 

Anyways I brought it back up a couple of months later and then ended up apologizing telling him I was in a bad mood. But then he said something like "ok but I don't want you bringing this up again" to which I replied "what? No you're not going to dictate what I can bring up or not". He ended up telling me to leave him alone. 

So I quit talking to him but then some time later I reached out to him and all was good. I told him I didn't really agree with him but I'll move on. 

Fast forward to now, a couple of years later, and Im still thinking that was wrong of him to try to dictate what I can bring up or not. Thinking I should just delete his number off my phone and not talk to him anymore. We don't really talk much anyways and I'm not really sure I like him anymore because of all of this. 

What do yall think? 

Also I wanted to point out that he said something to me like "do you realize how childish that is?" when referring to me telling him that he didn't say anything supportive when I was depressed. 

Thoughts? 

I know this is a depression forum but for me anger ties in reality deeply (anger at people) with my depression. 

I wouldn't talk either, but only you know your situation, are there enough people in your life that you can let him go completely? If you do make a break will this affect other family relationships? Is that something that you want to do/ risk. If you think it might cause problems just stay away from him much as you have been dong.

I wouldn't talk to him. I've gone through something similar with my cousins. Have realised they're not the people I thought they were. Family or not, you don't have any obligation to stay in touch with them.